price there and then

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
phone back later or put in writing , made to many misakes pricing there and then , its a live and learn business and that is something i have learned ;D

church said:
phone back later or put in writing , made to many misakes pricing there and then , its a live and learn business and that is something i have learned ;D
to true

Depends what it is, if it just a room or a few rooms then I tell them there and then. but if its a bit naughty I give myself time to work it out properly.

price there and then, usually put down what mats i need add them up then stick labour on top and give it there and then in writing.
i'd say 8/10 customers usually take the job straight away, and you can arange when you are going to actually do the job.
might just be me but you dont have to mess about posting things making a return trip, and you leave the quote in there hands. if its a big job then i would (a few house's maybe i would usually take that away and get back to them but anything up to a full house patch up re-skim i think can be priced there and then

if its just a wall or a patch what do u guys price? i go about £65 in the hand 4 a patch

ask em how much they got (in a sly cockney geezer type slang) and if its alot, price it there and then if not ring em back

Always give the price there and then when i can,if i got to cost up kitchen installs or batroom refits thats a different ball game but plastering painting tiling can be done on the spot.
Work the materials,work the labour add them up bobs ur uncle

plasterings p'ss to price on these little 'domestic jobs' but as said, anything a bit ooeerrrr then go an have a cogutate with yourself before addin the xtra, cos you will miss out...
anything more than a day or 2's work and you wanna be thinking it through a bit first...

i always send a quote, gives you a chance to show of how good you are... attached pics, flyers... website details ect

i look them straight in there eyes then sh1t myself give them 120 a day instead of 150 then cry on the way home having forgot to add dustsheets and gypbond in the quote

spunky said:
i look them straight in there eyes then sh1t myself give them 120 a day instead of 150 then cry on the way home having forgot to add dustsheets and gypbond in the quote
;D
especially when you realise youve missed a full room off... ::)

spunky said:

:D :D :D :D

spunky said:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

this is how we do it....

small job price on spot(patching--1 days work)

larger job rather think first and usually email them the quote

be professional with pricing and don't look desperate(even if you are!!)

we also always quote a price----no day work rates or estimates
customer happy that the price is fixed---can work against you if you run over though !

ive just been to see a job. loads of bits to do. overboard 2 medium ceilings. rip out cornice, picture rail, skirting. skim 2 medium rooms. round a few rsj's. and over skim one of those ridiculously narrow and tall stairwells. he wants a price for just plasterint and a price for plastering plus stripping the paper. im gonna phone the merchants tomorrow, get a price. work it all out and let him know. dunno if ill get it though cus hes got at least 3 spreads looking at it that i know

reports and figures say liverpool is one of the safest city centres in uk - and its not even in the top ten cities for car crime police figures not mine. police have just been awarded for best figures also. only facts boys from the government press

you see people have a memory back from a time when things were a little on the keen side but because it was like that then policing became top draw and because of that, we are under more controll now than you would think.

its only the old jokes that people wanna remember thats the thing. ;)

spunky said:

Nice work spunky

Status
Not open for further replies.