price of fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
The Goverment are just taking the piss now this latest price rise and vat at 20p in the pound what do they do with all
this income it's beyond me.

they use it to house immigrants, buy them cars, pay for their kids english lessons, put them up in expensive hotels whilst waiting for the assylum hearings to be heard

A few years back i was working in doncaster on refurb work and and a couple from iran assylum seekers waiting for hearing to be heard had the gas fires on full it was about spring time when I ask are you not worried about the bill they just said the goverment pays with a smirk on his face.

they will milk the fuel thing now until it runs out it will be like gold dust soon enough.
did you see the tv prog about the guy who run his diesel on veggie oil from the local chip shop after they used it - the gov found out and made the chippy charge him duty and vat on it so the guy who was thinking of the enviroment knocked it on the head and the chippy now has the same prob getting rid and the other guy is back to running fuel

see fuel is big money for the gov, they could easily save the enviroment by spending little on research getting greener fuel technology off the ground but they dont want to because a green world is bad for the business that makes so much from its oil dealings. there just a bunch of hypocrits out to make money and the motorist is a massive source of income

Well I think I will just put a extra £10 just to keep same amount of litres I would buy in a week.
Consumption Tax thats all it is, we have pay it.

they use it to house immigrants, buy them cars, pay for their kids english lessons, put them up in expensive hotels whilst waiting for the assylum hearings to be heard

yeah and they buy em i-phones, i-pads, give em free coke, champagne, gold teeth...

fuel is destroying small companies now... I dread to think how much I would spend now on diesel.

My old corsa ran on chip fat :) use to do like 100 miles on £4 :)

I used to put a mix of veg oil and white spirit in my motor.

the price of veg oil has gone up a lot since, but it's still worth it. You need to make sure your seals won't be corroded by the veg oil.

I wouldn't put chip fat in there unless you've had a conversion and the fat is really clean.

nah with veg oil it clogs up the pumps.... white spirit is not needed... in winter veg oil is a bit of a pain because its not as viscous :)

There is a website that will tell you what cars run on veg oil :)

Kebab thought about converting his van to run on chip fat,
but decided against it because he'd be syphoning it out all the time. :-0

Fuel prices must be the biggest money worry for most people now.
Things were hard last year and fuel still crept up.
Now the latest hikes and this years further increases are going to increase prices and pressure for all of us. Road tax will also now follow suit for our types of vehicles.
Im already trying to limit my own mileage and my fuel light is haunting me. Most of us drive large bulky, big diesel vehicles, loaded with tools/materials, labourers, roofracks.
We should stand up against these increases. Bring back the protests. Together Use our vehicles to advertise and display our protests. Unite and demand that we are heard.
We pay top prices for fuel/road tax/insurance and were being raped

The last tank full i put in my van last week was £112 for high roof lwb van. the van will do around 400 miles ,this last me around a week sometimes a little longer.
No the car...
my sons school is around 8 mile away so a 30 mile round trip there back there back a day and with the shopping and runnning around the wife does she uses around £45 a week on fuel.Then ther longer journeys and holidays etc i havent accounted for........
but at £150 a week on fuel thats £7800 we spend on fuel a year.Before road tax insurance mot and genreal running in total over £10,000 to run 2 vehicles.
so £200 a week every week.

Last edited:
yup.... we are the most expensive country in teh world for fuel prices.... The yanks and ozzies have big **** off utes that drink fuel! I drove for 6 months round australia in a Campervan and petrol did not even worry us.

In the UK we have a smart car which is cheap tax and teh fuel is cheap to a point but jesus I am hacked off with it!

Top tip:
When refuelling, put an extra 50p or so in,
Tell the attendant the pump is too sensetive now and you have no change or means to pay.
They are unlikely to take any action over this amount or even take your reg.
Do this every time you fill up to make your own fuel savings.

Chuffing heck skimm2day you spend some money on fuel thats before you pay a bill and food how do yoy do it mate.

Just my luck,i changed the car three months ago and i am not happy with the fuel consumption on it every time i get in it theres no fuel cus she has used it all.Really pisses me off.

i have 3 motors a merc 300se (19 years old) a merc E320 10 years old both very reliable cars with big engines but they do 30mph on a run my van is a 2.4 xlwb iveco high roof and even thats good on diesel... but as most of us are self employed here (im guessing) then you can claim every penny back as business expences (I Do) and i get the vat back every 3 months... so i really dont give a s**t about the price as mr taxman covers all my expences... i agree its a t wat forking out £150 a week though... when it could go on cheap booze

if they pulled our boys and girls out of the American led war and just controlled who came here and who didnt then we would be very well off indeed plus we wouldn’t need to raise money to help the injured because the very government who sent them out there just sticks them on the scrap heap when there done. But, governments like wars, it keeps all of us concentrating while they shaft us up the arse.

spent 100 quid on fuel last week just looking at work and doing site visits plus the odd trip to the off licence

so thats 100 quid overhead and 0 Msq

one of the fookin jobs better come off thats all i can say

I only make essential trips now. Also, i don't have loads of mterials in the van, less weight, more mpg. Try and go a bit lighter on the loud pedal helps too!! One of my local stations are charging £1.32 a litre. Fuk em

Up in the Highlands it's £1.45.....and rising!!!!!

What about that extra weight of miller lager you carry in the back of your 140:RpS_laugh:

Last edited:
Put it another way fuel is cheaper than beer,but you cant pull nice women when pissed,but you can pull in a nice new black 140

Aye, for sure. The 140 is a fanny magnet. I've removed/drank the miller and put myself on a diet. Even less weight to lug around. Noo i just need to find a skinny burd wi big norks :RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.