Preparation external sand cement

Members online

azzza82

Hi is it common practice to grind out old brick cement joints when putting a scratch coat on external wall as I was told I need to do this so the render sits in the joints .if so what depth would you grind them out to. any help appreciated u.k

Hi is it common practice to grind out old brick cement joints when putting a scratch coat on external wall as I was told I need to do this so the render sits in the joints .if so what depth would you grind them out to. any help appreciated u.k

Never heard that before....

that spec is years out of date. they did not have SBR in those days or quality base coats.

Was that a request from the bloke who's going to do it?