PRB Rendering Materials

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Thought worth start a thread on them not used them at all and was just asking on another thread which didn’t want to hijack , see P1ss has them all in stock and some new technical names on the bags and numbers to get head round , so anyone used any yet and any feedback on each one on other thanks , thought be worth putting in the link

Hi @Vincey

Was going to do a post introducing PRB next week, you’ve beaten me to it ;-)

PRB are a French manufacturer of Monocouche Render, Thin Coat Render and many other products.

A privately owned family company that put the customer first. They understand the importance of looking after their stockists and contractors

If anyone would like any information, please let me know.

Or, you can email the PRB Sales Director: Iain Hebborn

His email is: Iain.Hebborn@prbsystems.co.uk

If you would like a colour chart, please send me an email: ryan@p1shop.co.uk

Im doing 70 m2 of it next week, the main advantage is the price so far.

Im looking forward to trying out the system,especially the parinter equivalent. Will post back.

Im doing 70 m2 of it next week, the main advantage is the price so far.

Im looking forward to trying out the system,especially the parinter equivalent. Will post back.
What they saying per bag mate compared to Weber pral m tbh have read someone saying it’s similar times to parex but tbh I’m sticking to Weber from now on, tbh did think if it’s similar times to parex will not bother but be interested to your report back

What they saying per bag mate compared to Weber pral m tbh have read someone saying it’s similar times to parex but tbh I’m sticking to Weber from now on

With out bringing up personal account prices,its about 30% cheaper than Weber for a 20% smaller bag.

Ive been using fassa for the last 3 jobs, i love the finish and personally dislike weber. It dries to quickly in my opinion and has too larger aggregate.

Ill let you know how it dries, applies ect @Vincey

If doing a lot of mono u need to work out what one is hard on parts on the machine r@s and mixing shaft ect. Parex is a c**t on the machine. Makes it very expensive 5 to 6 pallets at a push to a r@s and u can see the mixing shaft going down daily. And spray caps. That's 50% less then u can get out of the r@s with other brands. And having to change the f**k**g thing a lot more. More time spent f**k**g about with the machine. I got 6 pallets out of the last r@s with monoblanco that's only 240 25kg bags 6ton. Iv been spraying bauprotec 850m render. Got 18 ton on my last r@s with it. Comes in 30kg bags. 1.6m2 a bag at 15mm. It doesn't eat at my mixing shaft or caps. With high coverage it's less picking up bags and pallets needed on the job. Parex is a good finish and it doesn't crack as much as webber I get around 12 pallets to a r@s with webber. But it's not nice to work with parex or nice on the machine. And its over rated. Its good to see other brands coming in. Hope this one is better on parts on the machine.

That Bauwer light goes for ages . Does 10 neighbourhoods with 1 r&s. Stopped counting the pallets as it's normal,to lose the count after 1 month .

I never analyse r+s usuage really,just swap as and when, £90 a set it’s not bankruptcy fodder just charge it to jobs.

Ryan I’ve heard you won’t be stocking Parex, I’ve been getting microgobetis from you for my overskims, do the PRB have an equivelant?

Ryan I’ve heard you won’t be stocking Parex, I’ve been getting microgobetis from you for my overskims, do the PRB have an equivelant?

Hi mate,

Sadly that’s the case. Parex have decided they won’t supply us anymore as we are stocking PRB materials. Shame really as we were doing very well with them. But it’s their choice and the show will certainly go on

Our equivalent to Micro is Accrofix Pate. Happy to arrange quotes for you if you wish to give me a call

Hi mate,

Sadly that’s the case. Parex have decided they won’t supply us anymore as we are stocking PRB materials. Shame really as we were doing very well with them. But it’s their choice and the show will certainly go on

Our equivalent to Micro is Accrofix Pate. Happy to arrange quotes for you if you wish to give me a call

Thanks Ryan
I’ll give the Accrofix a try.

Tbh it’s absolutely pathetic that brands won’t stock at one place because some other brands are stocked, that’s like walking into jd sports and they only sell Adidas because Nike have spat out there dummy, all these plastering brands need to sack who ever makes these decisions I know I would sack them all if was in charge, it actually becomes quite boring watching this crap unfold

It’s not rocket science to let the customers decide

PRB have a huge range of quality materials and there is lots of big things happening

Watch this space!

If that's the case mate, is there somewhere I can see PRB's equivalent materials to current suppliers.

i.e

Micro - Acrofix

K rend Hp 12 - PRB equivalent (say)
Parinter > PRB equivalent
Mono > "
Silicone/acrylic > "
Sealer? > "
OCR > "

Etc.....

I think when Alex started pushing Vimark gear he did a table that had a like for like with everything that was already commonly known, that was quite helpful with rasolite etc....

It gave an idea to what was possible (e.g for getting over problems on different substrates on certain jobs - say).

Tbh it’s absolutely pathetic that brands won’t stock at one place because some other brands are stocked, that’s like walking into jd sports and they only sell Adidas because Nike have spat out there dummy, all these plastering brands need to sack who ever makes these decisions I know I would sack them all if was in charge, it actually becomes quite boring watching this crap unfold

It’s not rocket science to let the customers decide

I couldn't agree more mate. Its a great shame Parex have done this but to me, it has really shown their true colours. Luckily a member of their team is joining me as our National Render Sales Manager so things will only get better for us ;-)

We have great relationships still going with a few at Parex who have all said to me they are embarrassed about whats happened

If that's the case mate, is there somewhere I can see PRB's equivalent materials to current suppliers.

i.e

Micro - Acrofix

K rend Hp 12 - PRB equivalent (say)
Parinter > PRB equivalent
Mono > "
Silicone/acrylic > "
Sealer? > "
OCR > "

Etc.....

I think when Alex started pushing Vimark gear he did a table that had a like for like with everything that was already commonly known, that was quite helpful with rasolite etc....

It gave an idea to what was possible (e.g for getting over problems on different substrates on certain jobs - say).

Of course mate, I'll happily do that;

Micro Gobetis equivalent is Accrofix Pate

Parinter equivalent is Renomur Top

Monocouche: Superbrut

Thin Coat: Crepisix

Primer: Crepifond

Basecoats - list below

Monogris E equivalent is SC Gris

GPR/OCR is Classic Tal

This is just a very brief list of what PRB have, we actually have 5 different types of moncouche Renders available.

The PRB Website will go live within a week or so, no doubt they will have a presence on here as well ;-)

I couldn't agree more mate. Its a great shame Parex have done this but to me, it has really shown their true colours. Luckily a member of their team is joining me as our National Render Sales Manager so things will only get better for us ;-)

We have great relationships still going with a few at Parex who have all said to me they are embarrassed about whats happened
Wonder would have they made that decision in a recession. Short memories. U should get some kilsaran mono in lovely stuff to spray and use.

It’s the same in my local Ccf tbh they only stock Weber which I use but so do the other five merchants near by, there is a parex stockiest about 9 miles away but am not driving all way down there

Ok so the remomur top ?

Really nice gear, went over a painted dash today.

Coverage was awesome considering the background.

To use think parinter with maite mixed together. Sticks like s**t to a blanket, but work ability is really nice. It has fibers in the mix also.

I had a play with it, can knock it up very stiff and still bead with it. And it hangs about for ages, but it was over paint.

Id prefer this over parinter so far, BUT can it be floated up like parinter can ?

Ok so the remomur top ?

Really nice gear, went over a painted dash today.

Coverage was awesome considering the background.

To use think parinter with maite mixed together. Sticks like s**t to a blanket, but work ability is really nice. It has fibers in the mix also.

I had a play with it, can knock it up very stiff and still bead with it. And it hangs about for ages, but it was over paint.

Id prefer this over parinter so far, BUT can it be floated up like parinter can ?

Great to hear this mate. Really appreciate your feedback

To answer the last point, Renomur can be floated up to receive a paint or thin coat :)

Wonder would have they made that decision in a recession. Short memories. U should get some kilsaran mono in lovely stuff to spray and use.
Recession or not , name, reputation and business module will be the same, so no excuses. Parex is a big name , multimillion business and by far the most comfortable and reliable brand to work with . They won’t be in the same warehouse with the competition as they are fare ahead and thus only means they’ll boost the competition sale! If you understand business modules and marketing sales you’ll know what is going on and won’t be winging about it.

Recession or not , name, reputation and business module will be the same, so no excuses. Parex is a big name , multimillion business and by far the most comfortable and reliable brand to work with . They won’t be in the same warehouse with the competition as they are fare ahead and thus only means they’ll boost the competition sale! If you understand business modules and marketing sales you’ll know what is going on and won’t be winging about it.

We are probably the only place that doesn’t dual stock. I know of Parex stockists who also hold 4 other brands of render. I also know of many places De stocking Parex - penlaws for example.

Weber and other brands have no issue working with dual stockists - members of the Parex team themselves are embarrassed about the situation

Parex are ahead in the UK, no doubt about it, they have been here for 12 years and are a great company - despite my current views on their decisions. In France they are toe to toe with PRB who are a family owned company. PRB in France have a turnover in excess of 500 million, they know what they are doing and will support the UK and their stockists in the right way. And most importantly, they’ll look after the contractors and ensure they are the priority

Send me a DM with your address, I’ll send you some samples books and some free material. Confident it’ll become a favourite of yours to spray, rule and use. I have no doubt you’ll be impressed mate

We are probably the only place that doesn’t dual stock. I know of Parex stockists who also hold 4 other brands of render. I also know of many places De stocking Parex - penlaws for example.

Weber and other brands have no issue working with dual stockists - members of the Parex team themselves are embarrassed about the situation

Parex are ahead in the UK, no doubt about it, they have been here for 12 years and are a great company - despite my current views on their decisions. In France they are toe to toe with PRB who are a family owned company. PRB in France have a turnover in excess of 500 million, they know what they are doing and will support the UK and their stockists in the right way. And most importantly, they’ll look after the contractors and ensure they are the priority
I wonder why’s that? Why other places don’t have problem stocking few brands under one roof..... but then again, they don’t push they own brands or brands they have biger margin from on the back of the leading names.
How is that possible parex and prb are toe to toe in France when the second time ne is 20-30% cheaper, according to big bish. We all know you get what you paid for!

Send me a DM with your address, I’ll send you some samples books and some free material. Confident it’ll become a favourite of yours to spray, rule and use. I have no doubt you’ll be impressed mate
How can I make my mind and chose it instead of parex, with a few bags? To master it needs a bit more than that and thanks for the offer, but I’ll pass. I am sure there will be a long que for freebies in a few minutes.

I wonder why’s that? Why other places don’t have problem stocking few brands under one roof..... but then again, they don’t push they own brands or brands they have biger margin from on the back of the leading names.
How is that possible parex and prb are toe to toe in France when the second time ne is 20-30% cheaper, according to big bish. We all know you get what you paid for!

With all due respect, I think you’re looking at this in a particular way without the full understanding, or the full story.

Some of the materials are cheaper, some aren’t. If something is 20-30% cheaper, which it isn’t, I’m unsure how you would make a bigger margin to be honest mate. Also, if you read the post, the price comparison is done on Weber - not Parex

I’m not here to fight you, or argue. So we can just leave this here mate

With regards to the free material, I was happy to offer something, enough for you to have an understanding of the material. The reviews so far are incredible and are speaking volumes

Last edited: