• No - It aint broke dont fix it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danny your a T**T I dont care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have been working on a new site to work alongside the forum, its basically going to be a resource for people wanting to learn the trade right through to experience spreads.... The software I am looking at using has a forum package built in which will work hand in hand with the site however I would need to lock the original forum and you guys would all need to re register.

I think in the long run it will work out but it is a pain short term.

I am holding this poll to basically see what you guys think.

Let me know

Danny

i think its a great idea....i used to post on a window forum years ago thewindowman.co.uk and the blokes got a good little site going, like a little inside info resource, got a built in forum...ad space, faq, method descriptions, tutorial style stuff...just the sort of thing public and trade alike use regularly...
be an even more popular site this with little videos and pictures and 'try the brand new materials calculator' and um stuff...https://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html#saniflo
go for it mate, be worth it in the end...

think I'll ask a question I expect some will think.
Is there a cost implication?

I WILL NEVER CHARGE MEMBERS!!!

At the moment I am running the forum off my own wallet the occasional advertising deal comes in handy but not enough really, thats the main reason why I am looking at expanding the site make it look more appealing to advertisers and give a better experience to you guys.

Bigsegs, that was pretty much the plan, tutorials calcs faqs.... that will also stop a lot of the questions that come up time and time again.

So at teh moment I am just testing the new software but it wont be hapening for a while until i am happy with it.

Thanks

Danny

I wish I was at the stage of a screen dump, Its on A3 paper stage at the min...lol

I will keep you all updated...lol

got 5 other sites I am gonna be using it on first, lol cock them up and hopefully learn from my mistakes.

Danny

sounds a good idea to me, would be good to contribute more :)video tutorials would be a goood idea :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.