Poor render job

SpiciusBond

Hi,
My house is being re-rendered - found the guy through checkatrade - things have been slow but weather/Covid etc.
He put a scratch coat on then applied a second coat, but scratched it again because he said the labourers made the wrong mix (too strong and added accelerator??).
After the third coat it looks like this which is clearly very poor… says he can sort it, but is this repairable / how will another coat have a key?
Other wall looks OK other than he’s rendered to a now sunken boiler flue collar rather than removing the collar then replacing later (see one of the attached pictures).
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• A4CAC2A9-F211-4DFA-A3EA-B826A9175DC2.jpeg
    A4CAC2A9-F211-4DFA-A3EA-B826A9175DC2.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 525
  • 4886D89D-D8E6-4DCC-AAA7-48C39BEA3A4A.jpeg
    4886D89D-D8E6-4DCC-AAA7-48C39BEA3A4A.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 527
  • A5605A9A-4F2F-4F9D-86D6-2441F3D7B172.jpeg
    A5605A9A-4F2F-4F9D-86D6-2441F3D7B172.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 931
  • 147A7597-6122-4310-AC46-2E207D8A0768.jpeg
    147A7597-6122-4310-AC46-2E207D8A0768.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 720
  • 00A9E352-98A6-4D26-AF0C-709406508624.jpeg
    00A9E352-98A6-4D26-AF0C-709406508624.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 562
  • 6EBE6EC5-9794-4D66-9757-00A5D0CB2189.jpeg
    6EBE6EC5-9794-4D66-9757-00A5D0CB2189.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 406
  • 81C03DB3-D8B3-4251-BFCF-A4867FC4492D.jpeg
    81C03DB3-D8B3-4251-BFCF-A4867FC4492D.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 547
Hi,
My house is being re-rendered - found the guy through checkatrade - things have been slow but weather/Covid etc.
He put a scratch coat on then applied a second coat, but scratched it again because he said the labourers made the wrong mix (too strong and added accelerator??).
After the third coat it looks like this which is clearly very poor… says he can sort it, but is this repairable / how will another coat have a key?
Other wall looks OK other than he’s rendered to a now sunken boiler flue collar rather than removing the collar then replacing later (see one of the attached pictures).
Thanks
That is without a shadow of a doubt the worst rendering I have ever seen in my life.
Absolutely no chance that this guy can achieve a quality finish.

I
Hi,
Thanks
Its repairable but your not going like the answer...

Ring him back up tell him not to bother tell him he's f**k*d the lot up don't give him any money if u haven't already either

Hi,
Thanks
Fuckk me that’s got to be the worst render jobb I’ve ever seen, even @Spudknit & @Casper could produce better finish then that. There’s some proper cunnts out there don’t know how u could do that to someone. my laying on left would be a better finish then that loooooool

Hi,
Thanks
I've seen it all now. Same as the other replies that is the worst rendering I've ever seen I'd expect a labourer to do better

Fuckk me that’s got to be the worst render jobb I’ve ever seen, even @Spudknit & @Casper could produce better finish then that. There’s some proper cunnts out there don’t know how u could do that to someone. my laying on left would be a better finish then that loooooool
Thanks twiggy that's nicest thing you've ever said about me

Checkatraaaaaaaade checkatrade.cum

From another recent thread, an eerily similar story:
I have not paid yet, the amount should be 700 for two 6h days. This guy has A LOT of good reviews on check a trade, more than 100. I didn't have any recommendations, so went with him, people seem to be very happy with his work.

It's high time the government tightened up on these companies that earn a percentage/commission/fee or a subscription or whatever, by implying that the chancers they put people in touch with have been in some way vetted by them or by other customers.

Reviews can be faked. It's not news. Even the biggest online marketplace in the world has been accused of hosting false product reviews, too. We know it goes on.

Hi,
Thanks
Surprise Wow GIF by MOODMAN

Thanks for the replies… pretty much the answers I was expecting!
He said the render wouldn’t dry because it was too cold (some concerns there as well! ❄️) and then it got dark, but said he’d sort it.
Is there any way he’ll be able to recover it? Like if he was to spend a week there working on it? Or if he puts a thin layer on top of some patches, would it eventually crack off because there’s no key / it’s too thin?
Thanks again

He said the render wouldn’t dry because it was too cold (some concerns there as well! ❄️) and then it got dark, but said he’d sort it.
Is there any way he’ll be able to recover it? Like if he was to spend a week there working on it? Or if he puts a thin layer on top of some patches, would it eventually crack off because there’s no key / it’s too thin?
Thanks again
Only advise you should take is get that chancer savage away from your property ..@checkatrade only deal clowns , make sure you leave the deserved review .
Ask around for a real pro & keep away from them sites

My 10 year old could do a better job absolutely shocking how the f**k do these people get away with it its beyond belief it wants takin of and doing again

Another fake one. Customers can put there complaint on checkatrade.
Another fake one? Do the pictures look fake? I’m looking for advice from people who know what they’re on about before deciding what to do / complaining on checkatrade.
Thanks for your input through, really valued

You do wonder what goes on in some people's heads.

Like, if it was a garden wall that someone had had a go at and it never came out quite right ... or even if the builder had got stuck and rendered an extension badly or something, that's one thing.

But to run at a whole house without a FCUKING clue what you're doing is a special kind of stupid.

But to run at a whole house without a FCUKING clue what you're doing is a special kind of stupid.

Gissa job, go on, gissa job, I can do that I'm clearly qualified, @Elite xteriors told me all about it

Thanks again
The guy who did it can't render and that won't have changed since he did it I'm afraid. Just hope you didn't pay him

You do wonder what goes on in some people's heads.

Like, if it was a garden wall that someone had had a go at and it never came out quite right ... or even if the builder had got stuck and rendered an extension badly or something, that's one thing.

Ah ha, it WAS you. I thought as much.