Polystyrene block construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilPlaster

Private Member
Anyone worked on this type of house. Only saw it once on Grand design. I know its quite typical in sweden and germany. You build the house out of polystyrene building blocks with a cavity inbetween each block<(each block includes the cavity as one piece). You then pour concrete into the cavity constructing a solid wall and insulating in the same process.

DSC00664.jpg

IMG]http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy349/BruceWillisok/DSC00663.jpg[/IMG]

one of my lads worked for a firm in america where its more widespread its called ICF construction (insulated concrete forming) beko and polarwall people like this do it here in uk. I beleive the render firms are not convinced its good because of problems on jobs with render over it

I cant see it taking off over here you only really see in on self build eco types would like a bash at it tho

No I cant see it either. It was good to go inside though and look round. The top floor you see is in fact the first floor. Its built into a hill side so the first floor is in fact the basement rear! .They'd just cut the blocks with a saw to make fit to length and add corner pieces and returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.