Polished plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpreadEm

Hi lads,

Anyone in the know regarding Venetian polished plastering give me a few pointers to get me started,

I'm going to do a feature wall in my bathroom but want to do some practice boards in my shed first as its a new side of plastering to me,
Just want to know what I need in regards to products so I can crack on with some practice boards,
1 primer? I know there is a primer i need ( can I use pva for practice or can I go straight onto plasterboard/ ply?

2. Base coat? Is the base coat same product as second coat product but just with colour additive? Or is that separate?

Any advice to get me started would be appreciated
Cheers

I'd advise you to do a course mate if it's something your thinking of getting in to.gold trowel north do a course @robjack.you won't be using pva no.

Just wait til ur competent to do it I.e you know wat ur doing or get sum1 in to do it! It not skimming a wall! I ain't got a fecking clue how to do polished plaster but just because I'm a competent plasterer dosnt mean id have a go..is it really worth f**k**g ur bathroom up?

Hi lads,

Anyone in the know regarding Venetian polished plastering give me a few pointers to get me started,

I'm going to do a feature wall in my bathroom but want to do some practice boards in my shed first as its a new side of plastering to me,
Just want to know what I need in regards to products so I can crack on with some practice boards,
1 primer? I know there is a primer i need ( can I use pva for practice or can I go straight onto plasterboard/ ply?

2. Base coat? Is the base coat same product as second coat product but just with colour additive? Or is that separate?

Any advice to get me started would be appreciated
Cheers

Honestly... its harder than it looks and takes a lot of practice and there is a lot of information to take in...

This is what I did on the course :D http://www.plasterersnews.com/plastering/venetian-plastering/

Look up gold trowel
Andy does a dvd to tell you the basics
Can't remember the Web site but someone on her should know it.
I never go on it I just go down there and get what I need

Status
Not open for further replies.