polished plaster

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
adi the spread said:
anyone in north east doing polished plastering if so where nearest place for materials? cheers
the polished plaster company check them out online there gear is hard to use but there finish is the best ;D

Well I actually disagree with what George has said, each to there own Bought mine and trained at Goldtrowel, I have tried polished plastering company and you cannot go and do 30 metres with their stuff let alone put it in bathrooms it ain't waterproof that's the point. Not only that when I did their course I couldn't work out what gear they used to what I used, can you explain that.

By the way polished plaster put more acrylic in their product which ain't any cop.....

There are many finishes out their,depends what you want, Ineeded to be competent out in the real world, Andy is always there for his continual support, not just that there's many finishes to do, most importantly doing the meterage which they do have a new set up. Me money was well worth spending several times over

if there demand for this polished plaster lark?i see adverts for courses every where.i don`t even think it looks that nice imo.
what are we talking meterage for this product?i know you might get the odd customer now and again,but i can`t imagine the phone ringing that often.
there a plaster down our way that`s just done a course.he can`t skim but he`s just done a course in polished plaster.has`nt done one job in 12 months!

The last paid polished plaster job i did was about 8 years ago in a bar/nightclub in Reading called Ice i made a fortune on it as well, I have done the odd wall in my house and a staircase for a mate (freebie) and thats about it, http://www.armourcoat.com charge from £120.00 per m2 (nice if you can get it)

There is a fair amount of demand for it... I think you just need to target a certain niche.. I have seena lot of pubs round my way that have it done.

Bathrooms and halways and also hoytels have lots of it done.

You cant say there is no demand for it.... there is no demand for skimming if nobody knows you do it.

The courses are good for polished plastering I recently went to a training center to check it out and what they teach is awesome and you get to cover all aspects noyt just do a little sample board.

you do colomns and whole rooms and I chatted with a few people and they already have work lined up.

Maybe in the areas you looked there is not much of a demand but I know round milton keynes people could clean up....

Just my opinion

Danny

its the same as anything though danny it doesnt matter if its skimming, polished plastering, or running cornices short courses arent enough to go alone

No but the 10 day one is plenty of time mate.... its not rocket science as everybody agrees....

and you cant get it wrong from what I see as its a natural finish....

Danny

i bet inc loss of earnings accomodation etc that 10 day course will set you back 3-5000 pounds

Render Systems said:
The last paid polished plaster job i did was about 8 years ago in a bar/nightclub in Reading called Ice i made a fortune on it as well, I have done the odd wall in my house and a staircase for a mate (freebie) and thats about it, http://www.armourcoat.com charge from £120.00 per m2 (nice if you can get it)

i have been to that club, not sure if i was hi or that polished plaster looked sheit.Lol.

fcoff said:
Well I actually disagree with what George has said, each to there own Bought mine and trained at Goldtrowel, I have tried polished plastering company and you cannot go and do 30 metres with their stuff let alone put it in bathrooms it ain't waterproof that's the point. Not only that when I did their course I couldn't work out what gear they used to what I used, can you explain that.

By the way polished plaster put more acrylic in their product which ain't any cop.....

There are many finishes out their,depends what you want, Ineeded to be competent out in the real world, Andy is always there for his continual support, not just that there's many finishes to do, most importantly doing the meterage which they do have a new set up. Me money was well worth spending several times over
I UNDER STAND WHAT UR SAYIN MATE BUT IVE USED MIKE WYE ,, GOLDTROWL,BLUEBELL,POLISHE PLASTER,AND SOME AMERICAN FIRM AND POLISHED PLASTER JUST LOOKS THE BEST WE DID THINK THAT THEY PUT ACRYLICS IN THERE PRODUCTS BUT IT LOOKS THE BEST EVEN THOUGH ITS THE HARDEST TO USE

So to complete 25 metres with their stuff how do you do a join, why can't it be used in wetrooms, Iwas taught a five coat application with Andy and it hasn't failed me yet, I tried PPC stuff it just don't workout right.

Hmmm I need to go and do the course I have fancied it for years...

looks easier than actually plastering... only time will tell

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.