Polished Plaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

Does anyone do polished plaster, thinking of trying to teach myself....I assume the application is the same, just using additives such as marble and ink. I have started to have a few enquiries and not sure what to say...?

only kind of polished plaster i have ever heard of is when you splash lots of water on it and scrap it.

nice polished finish, but painters dont like it as the paint doesnt suck in.

i guess this isnt what you mean?

I saw an example at my old place of work, (small wall 2x2m) I know my old boss paid about £1000 for it 8 years ago. but anyway, I know its made using marble dust and you add colour to it, but as you said you can get a cracking finish with normal plaster if you work it. the idea of this stuff is you dont paint it, like a feature wall!

Ah you are talking vanetian plastering and marbelling,

I am going to go and do the gold trowel course in this when I get a few free days off.

Looks awesome and I think the going rate is around £300 a m2

Danny

jeasus thats exspensive :-?

anyone got a website telling you about it?
would be interested to read about that.

cheers aj

I think I have heard it called that, do you not think it would be possible to teach yourself, surely if you can find out what to mix up the rest would be much the same, or close enough to have a crack at it?

Hello Mate
Have booked onto a course with Goldtrowel this month, costs around £390 inc VAT, done quite abit of research on it and beleive it will be the next big thing in the UK, not many people are aware of it here but it has exploded in the US, its mainly used in bathrooms and kitchens but you can have it anywhere really. If you google Venetian Plaster you can get lots of examples of it, its stunning to look at and does cost alot but I think thats down to there not being many people doing it, hope that helps.
Johnathon

I like the sound of this....I hate tiling anyway....kill 2 birds with one trowel eh? :-?

Status
Not open for further replies.