Please help

mikey29

Hi all, i’m mike and was hoping someone could help/advise me about an issue i have with an exterior wall, i discovered an overflow pipe had been cut off flush and rendered over when my house was being renovated in 2014, the pipe which belongs to a neighbours house leaked last year as the cistern to which its connected developed a fault, long story short, i removed the damaged render and dry dash chippings down to an old scratch coat, i am going to have a go putting it right myself as i cannot get anyone to do it, i need to know do i put waterproofer in a scratch coat or just the top coat or both?. I was going to add hydrated lime in the top coat and also was going to press fibreglass mesh into the scratch coat, does any of this sound ok, thank you in advance

Hi all, i’m mike and was hoping someone could help/advise me about an issue i have with an exterior wall, i discovered an overflow pipe had been cut off flush and rendered over when my house was being renovated in 2014, the pipe which belongs to a neighbours house leaked last year as the cistern to which its connected developed a fault, long story short, i removed the damaged render and dry dash chippings down to an old scratch coat, i am going to have a go putting it right myself as i cannot get anyone to do it, i need to know do i put waterproofer in a scratch coat or just the top coat or both?. I was going to add hydrated lime in the top coat and also was going to press fibreglass mesh into the scratch coat, does any of this sound ok, thank you in advance
There is no way that an overflow pipe from your neighbours house should be coming through your wall. Get them to reroute it.