Plaziflex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeves1985

Gave in to the curiosity of it all as one of the pals has been using one for a while and bangs on about it. Was also reading the posts about plazi and supaflex. (Just needed an excuse to buy a new gadget to try)
got a good deal so if it's w**k it'll gayer dust in the van

Got the 16" version and used it for the first time today on a ceiling.

First impressions, I actually like it, as has been mentioned it does take the effort out of the later stages.

Gave the ceiling a nice finish as well with hardly any water.
I think one of the key things is to just check for blemishes as you go
I was able to hit it a bit earlier than with the MT as well

I definitely wouldn't put on with it though because of the flex

again I have only used it once on a ceiling so my opinion may change and I'm back at the job tomorrow so will give it a good check and see the finish again.

I can see the advantage and effortless nature of it if looked after properly can be a good added tool to the box.
Like everything there will be times when it's best to use a steel blade but at the mo I can say it did impress me

I like to have a bit of wet and dry sandpaper close to hand when using these, As its pretty easy to get a nick in them. Quick going over with the finest wet and dry paper and its back working a treat again

I like to have a bit of wet and dry sandpaper close to hand when using these, As its pretty easy to get a nick in them. Quick going over with the finest wet and dry paper and its back working a treat again

Yeah I have a couple of pieces in the back pocket anyway so will be within reach

my wet and dry loves the washing machine haha!

got my supaflex this morning :RpS_biggrin:

Get back and let us know how you get on with it. Might end up with one of those as well!!

Ill end end up with a van full of trowels at this rate mind you that's not so bad had a bad morning Monday called in and gave a mate a hand on Friday after finishing up my board and trowel ended up in his van didn't realise until after arriving and plonking the gear in the water. Good old trusty 12" got me out of a jam but I tell you what doing a full day with 12" there was a lot of cursing going on.

Then you realise how much difference the 14" makes and even that's still a baby to some.

I still remember the first few days I was told go kit yourself up with a trowel and board, me being very green run into homebase thinkin "this is it" got picked up the next morning and was a little embarrassed to be told I had bought a poly board and float :RpS_blushing:

Haha. I put on with 22inch Marshall, flatten with 22 inch or 20 inch, first and second wet with 20 inch and then polish up with 24inch plaziflex ;)

Get a s*p*r*lex, my plazi has gone in bin since i got mine. Got fed up of sanding nicks out of it everytime i looked at it the wrong way, and had to keep glueing the blade back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.