plaziflex???????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plastic trowel on sand & cement LMFAO :RpS_laugh:

Nisus - That's oasis's vid ^^
Why the fcuk would you want to plastic trowel sand & cement before you run a devil float over it.

from your old post - so you have seen the video

Just got a refina plastic trowel and must say was not sure how it would perform , was totally surprised how good laid set on and first troweled with ss then did all the rest with plastic and got a mega finish background was sand&cement and a plasterboard wall any one used it on hard wall were it pulls a lot faster . Found that less pressure was needed to be applied. From another guy

edthespread - Plastic trowel on S&C - YouTube <<< the removed video - Oasis i believe

plastic trowels are the new sponge float!!!!!!! buy em from refina to polish your multifinish up loverly! ( when the finish is all hard but still pink) use em like in the vid above to 'float up' sand & cement like a normal float but it is a 'flexible float' (keep your multifinish plastic trowel and sand cementplastic trowel seperate) if you get a nick in your multifinish plastic trowel or it leave lines in your work use wet and dry sand paper to get it out of your trowel.

Look, of course it's possible to put on with these, but that doesn't make it a good idea. Just like it's possible to put half an inch of finish on an unprepped wall. It isn't showing us anything.

The main reason not to put on with the plastic is that you'll just be following the undulations and imperfect shape of the wall, yeah it might end up shiney and filled but it wont be flat.

The best time to use them is when a flat surface has already been achieved, like on the last couple of trowels.

You might be just about able to get away with it in an old cottage.......

dello ...........stop biting man, the trowel might have some merit, but the plastering methods shown in those videos are a bit embarrassing - as you've just shown by taking them down. Chill out a bit maaaaaan :RpS_thumbup:

Dello lay on and do all your work with a plastic towel and u will end up with a ripple wall that looks awful in the wrong light. I love my plastic trowel and wed never be without it. But use it for final trowellowing stages only... be warned

Dello I know it's Oasis vid I've seen it before!
That's what I was laughing at not you, bit paranoid aren't ya lol. :RpS_biggrin:

dello ...........stop biting man, the trowel might have some merit, but the plastering methods shown in those videos are a bit embarrassing - as you've just shown by taking them down. Chill out a bit maaaaaan :RpS_thumbup:

Am fine I dont mean to bite ;), the reason there down is because of the reaction towards them as I say am happy to show people and speak with who are interested. Reason why there down also is because of previous posts when people have liked them, then dont, or the off topic posts that follow like the shoe, got to admit reebok white workout trainers for the win ;) i wont be replying in future ill leave it as that for now, thanks for conversations :)

Dellboy the shoe made laugh :RpS_thumbup:
This forum is well known for going off topic, you can't just stick up a vid & expect no criticism!
Stick around join in more you might enjoy it :RpS_biggrin:

photo-429.png

If you wasn't in the club everyday you might have seen em :RpS_laugh:
HUH HUM I'll have you know I started work on Thursday at 8am and didnt stop till 1am Friday morning then an hours drive homezzzz needles to say ive not been today

my elbows are fncked mate thats why i dont do a full shift and go to the club at 2.30 after work (pain killers )
i wasnt plastering mate my cousin has a manufacturing and fitting company doing curtain walling, he had a sainsburys in cheadle to finish and it had to be done before the tarmac lads came today so he ask if id go with one of his lads to get it done as all his other lads were on other jobs
had 5 hours sleep and am still not a bit tired gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

if u take your gear off a metal hawk using a plazzi u will scratch the plazzi to ****. use a plastic hawk or polyerthane hawk if your laying on with a plazzi. i have experimented using a plazzi doing a whole wall laying on and trowelling up with no metal trowel , gave a nice finish as less fat is raised. better to lay on with a steel trowel though less chance of plazzi getting nicks etc.

can i ask a question?? too late!!
whats the difference in between using a plazzi and the steel do?? does it knock the time down by a hour??

When you have flattened 2nd coat wait for it to turn, a little spray and once with the plazzie, finished so it is quicker i dont think the finish is as good as tradiotional but for most jobs good enough.

I think the texture of the Refina plazzi trowels has a lot of possibilities but would benefit from being made stiffer for most applications, more like a steel trowel. As it is I wouldn't even attempt to use the Thistle Spray Finish with a plazzi sitting in the tool box ready to go.

The s*p*r*lex stainless trowel sits between the plaziflex and a normal trowel IMO. Once sharp I think it will be awesome.

When you have flattened 2nd coat wait for it to turn, a little spray and once with the plazzie, finished so it is quicker i dont think the finish is as good as tradiotional but for most jobs good enough.

so you slap it on face it up wait a bit then flatten, little spray and a once over with the plastic then thats it? in other words 2 trowel overs?

Status
Not open for further replies.