Plaziflex users

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydave

What are the pros and cons of these trowels?
Do you lay on with them or just final trowel/polish.
I can find reviews when spreads have only just purchased them but has anyone used them for a couple of years and able to give a more experienced feedback?

they are used for finishing really

I love the plaziflex and have been a fan of the plastic trowel for years :)

They have the issues of they dont last long... they damage really easy but I love the finish they leave... dont run over a bead with them though that is trowel suicide

brilliant trowels... Idont get this run over bead thing tho, obviously where two straight beads join, but otherwise I have no damage problems, I flatten walls with the 2ft one and final wipe woth a 16''...

I saw a good video yesterday about them. Here it is

I haven't got one but a friend of mine has and as Danny said it just got scratched all the time

Had mine about a year great for final trowel leaves a nice finish need to keep some wet n dry handy tho coz the get scratched really easily

Had mine bout a year, had to rescue it when i dropped it + the plastic came off, stuck it back with contact adhesive + its stuck better than was when i bought it!! Quality for final trowel, wouldnt try put on with it! Like @Danny said dont go up + down beads with it itl knick like fook!!

Its possible with a non foamed back blade to use straight after you've flattened down your second coat with you s/s towel... just keep the trowel closed ... wouldn't advise laying on with them ..

Thanks for the sensible replies. I used a small one today, 12 inch size on a small bathroom ceiling and although they look flimsy it left a good finish. May get a larger size but i do like my nela trowels.

or just wack it on and top it straight away and touch it 3 times max with a mt the same trowel you put it on with....

but hey horses for coarses and all that...weve all been there like foookin plasterering tools graveyard my bleedin garage!!!!!!

Thats a lot of gadgets and faffing about ffs:eek:
not reaqlly mate, each stage you have to pick a trowel up, makes no odds if its a different one to me.. that video shows a few tools, no need to use them all I suppose, you could miss out the spat, or plazi, or s*p*r*lex.. whatever people prefer...

Rough on mt lay in mt then two passes with flexi Polish with plastic been doing it for around 3 years now no probs plus it sorted my tennis elbow out I did just do first,second and polish with plazi before but altered it when they bought the steel blades out its all down to timing with them[emoji106]

Just done some finishing at home as had new skirts fitted. One coated two blasts with plazzy job done 15 mins

Great video ,is that @Danny
Lmfao.
Screenshot_2015-05-30-08-30-05-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.