Plaziflex Trowel - best alternative?

stephan

Hey Guys,

I can see reading through some of the posts about plastic trowels causes some frustration/despair, esp for those who are old skool. I'm expecting some p*** take especially using them to lay. But as a newbie into the industry I like trying new tools and techniques, and I've found the Refina Plaziflex to be great in laying my second skim.

I know initially it was meant for trowelling up but many have found it great for applying plaster too

I use my MT for the first skim and then the refina plaziflex for the second and have been amazed at the ease of use (less strain on the wrists due to the flexibility of the plastic and the sponge backing).

However, one of the issues that seem to be consistent across the board, and for me, is that they can get damaged easily.

I wanted to know what steel flex alternatives people use for the purpose of laying? I was looking at the Premium Nelaflex 2 or the Premium MediFlex? Anyone use these or use other brands that they may care (or dare) to comment?

Last edited:
I've heard of people using Refina super flex and nela medi flex for coating on and trowelling up. Medi flex is popular at the moment.

Lash it on with any trowel you like. Trowel it up carefully with the best trowel you have got. It's all subjective, as you'll know from reading other posts.
Me....
Nela premium....
Speedskim......
Nela premium,....
Speedskim....
Mediflex, mediflex, speedy sf.
Clean up and stroll to van.