Plastic

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

aufweder

Hi fellas , talking amongst fellow spreads I keep hearing plastic float plastic plastic float. So I bit the bullet and bought one gonna take it to site tommorow , I hear its good to avoid ripping on last dry trowel up some use it for flattening first coat getting conflicting opinion I'm probably gonna get some now I've posted it on here just thought I'd put it out there whilst she's watching coronation street and I wait for it to finish to jump on her bones

The good old plastic trowel debate. Its been done to death on here.I work with a spread who has been on the the trowel for 20 odd years, he resisted going plastic but now loves them. another spread I know who has been on the tools just as long hates them. Personally I wouldnt be without mine now, its all a matter of personal preference. My opinion is for the sake of 20 quid its worth trying

are they the instructions from refina on how to use it.............:RpS_confused:

The first size with the sponge 14 or 16, the ones without the sponge are brittle and can break at the toe, forget the bigger ones go out of shape waste of money

Keep giving the plazzie a go, sponge floating on one coat etc but never been happy with the finish might be me but ime sticking with 2 coats and steel need to try them cavity closers but to be honest probably just another gatget

I just one coat without sponge I just put it on thick trowel out each m2 as I go along and then 3 passes and its done. Sacked 2 coating off about 2 yrs ago tbh never looked back just have to be more mindful with your prep work. But find got loads more time through the day tend to just put quick small little hits easily get 4 in a day now effortlessly.

zombie

Status
Not open for further replies.