Plastic trowels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone laying on with one needs to give their head a wobble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I'd only use for the final trowel.

There so flimsy that they can't flatten. Even when the set is wet if you just use that the wall will be super smooth but when painted in light it will be all over the place!

When used for skimming do you lay on with it? or just use it for final trowel?
Speedskim for flattening is good just lately I just stuck to marshalltown though..must be the weather.
Definitely don't put on with plastic though

I know someone who lays on with a cheap plastic trowel similar what they use on thin coat I think, he only uses it on artex ceilings as can't stand the sound of the steel on the high spots.

Wondering whether amazon will refund me my money now that its s**t, even with the new design I put on the face of it
It's s**t pal it drys it out a rough looking colour all it does is put a shine on it but you shud be doing that anyway with ur s*p*r*lex etc I dnt know any lads who use them now every1s threw there's in bin..if u do use it don't do anything with it apart from ur polish

It's s**t pal it drys it out a rough looking colour all it does is put a shine on it but you shud be doing that anyway with ur s*p*r*lex etc I dnt know any lads who use them now every1s threw there's in bin..if u do use it don't do anything with it apart from ur polish

My s*p*r*lex! I don't even have one of those :( I've been using MTs for years until heard about the plastic trowels from someone down under and on here.

My s*p*r*lex! I don't even have one of those :( I've been using MTs for years until heard about the plastic trowels from someone down under and on here.
s*p*r*lex are good in the rite hands! Our ex young lad had to stop using his as it made his work shocking there arnt as good as Mt but it saves massive tension and stress n ur fingers/wrist etc..I couldn't live without my refina s*p*r*lex now I'd be lost..defo get a s*p*r*lex but give that black piece of s**t a curved ball and try get ur money back pal

This is one I have, I thought this was a s*p*r*lex :(

IMG_20151130_193156901.jpg
IMG_20151130_193235182.jpg

s*p*r*lex are good in the rite hands! Our ex young lad had to stop using his as it made his work shocking there arnt as good as Mt but it saves massive tension and stress n ur fingers/wrist etc..I couldn't live without my refina s*p*r*lex now I'd be lost..defo get a s*p*r*lex but give that black piece of s**t a curved ball and try get ur money back pal

Fs wish yas had of told me that before I wasted my hard earned dosh on it lol.

What about them plastic nelas, are they s**t too?

Agree those Refina plastic trowels are shite, someone said on here it's like troweling up with a flip flop he is spot on with that [emoji23][emoji106]

I think they have their place defo not for laying on with just a final trowel Iv found thy get rid of blebs quite well and leave the finish too shiny Iv got the foam back one tho so might be abit different without the foam.

I think they have their place defo not for laying on with just a final trowel Iv found thy get rid of blebs quite well and leave the finish too shiny Iv got the foam back one tho so might be abit different without the foam.
I dint have the foam bk 1 but I'm scarred for life now il stick to s*p*r*lex

I have one.
There not for troweling up.
Yeah I know mate, I've used plastic trowels to finish with for last 10 year but these to me are like a flip flop,last trowel you need to put pressure to the trowel, and these don't work for me

Yeah I know mate, I've used plastic trowels to finish with for last 10 year but these to me are like a flip flop,last trowel you need to put pressure to the trowel, and these don't work for me

What plastic trowels do you use then if these are s**t

s*p*r*lex 1s that is plastic..get a refina s*p*r*lex or a nela s*p*r*lex if u do get a s*p*r*lex be sure to use it rite as there s**t I u go over ur work 2 early etc,especially refina 1 it takes abit of getting used to

Status
Not open for further replies.