plastic trowels for external rendering

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy

how do you use this plastic trowels? i take it you still rule and rub the sand and cement up with a float, then use the plastic trowel for your finsh instead of a spounge finish
advice and tips welcome cheers

Personally , we use thin plastic trowels for texturing acrylics on thin coat systems.Some on here I beleive use then on internal finishing. .I suggest you try using it to rub up S/C and see how you get on. 5 minutes in, I think you will draw your own conclusions.

Personally , we use thin plastic trowels for texturing acrylics on thin coat systems.Some on here I beleive use then on internal finishing. .I suggest you try using it to rub up S/C and see how you get on. 5 minutes in, I think you will draw your own conclusions.

take it that its crap lol

they aint the same trowels mark

those refina skimmin trowels are superb for adhesive coats, lay it on with a steel and flatten it with a plassy, very quick results

i still cant see wot sort of finish you would get with a plastic trowel finish on sand and cement? think im sticking with a sponge finish

I use a red plastic float to trowel up OCR render inside houses it trowels up like plaster nice and smooth then use my steel trowel and a bit of water to finish it when it gets a bit harder,just like plastering

we used a plastic on a gable the other week just layd it on rulled off rubbed with float then once it had gone off a bit once over with a plastic (its what the builder wanted) actually looked really nice instead of the grainy finish you get with a sponge it looked like it had been polished well it had but it looked nice.
he now wants us to do the rest of the house the same

to be honest mate i wernt to sure about how it was goin to finish when it was mentioned but we said we would do a small area and let him decide and it did look good in the end to be honest...........shiney when the sun hit it just right

I did a similar job 2 years ago. Just at the right time went over it with a stainless trowel. Bang flat and smooth. When he painted it, it was crazed all over the surface whilst the paint was wet. Looked ok when dried but I won't be keen to do a trowel smooth finish again.

to be fair i havent seen this job scince i did that rendering so i dnt know how it painted up its not my job i was just helping a mate whos job it was

plastic trowels are the new sponge float!!!!!!! buy em from refina to polish your multifinish up loverly! ( when the finish is all hard but still pink) use em like in the vid above to 'float up' sand & cement like a normal float but it is a 'flexible float' (keep your multifinish plastic trowel and sand cement plastic trowel seperate) if you get a nick in your multifinish plastic trowel or it leave lines in your work use wet and dry sand paper to get it out of your trowel.

That's oasis's vid ^^ :RpS_biggrin:
Why the fcuk would you want to plastic trowel sand & cement before you run a devil float over it. :RpS_blink:

That just shows the power of the internet, when I first came on here Oasis knew absolutely feck all and asked really really basic questions. Then in no time at all he's putting vids on youtube and suddenly people think he must know what he's doing. I would guess that if you discounted the right 95% of what you watched and read on the net you just might get through to some decent worthwhile information.

That just shows the power of the internet, when I first came on here Oasis knew absolutely feck all and asked really really basic questions. Then in no time at all he's putting vids on youtube and suddenly people think he must know what he's doing. I would guess that if you discounted the right 95% of what you watched and read on the net you just might get through to some decent worthwhile information.

the net sounds like this forum then.

Absolutely. The most important thing when using this forum is working out who the very few truly knowledgeable people are in each area. Far to many blaggers.

Ahmed78 was slagged off for his paper mâché plaster,
But I reckon he was truly knowledgeable, he even made a video as proof look :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.