Plastic stop beads on lead flashing

Members online

fixit

I am rendering a chimney before the slates go onto the roof. The lead is on, but the lead that goes under the outer lead flashing has to be done yet after the slates go on. Am i leaving the stop bead to low as when he lifts the lead to put the under flashing on it might crack the plaster.
Photo attached

Attachments

• IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 10,788
Yea it would be safer up the block a bit but don't think it looks as good when its too high

Pull the lead out for the roofer then he will only have to tap it back in and advise it doesn't get touched til the render is cured. Ass covered.

I am rendering a chimney before the slates go onto the roof. The lead is on, but the lead that goes under the outer lead flashing has to be done yet after the slates go on. Am i leaving the stop bead to low as when he lifts the lead to put the under flashing on it might crack the plaster.
Photo attached

Might go against the grain here but any chimneys weve ever plastered when lead has been on, theres never been a cut into the bock with the grinder. Never had a problem with it either.

Might go against the grain here but any chimneys weve ever plastered when lead has been on, theres never been a cut into the bock with the grinder. Never had a problem with it either.
if you don't cut into the block, how do you set the led into the wall

if you don't cut into the block, how do you set the led into the wall

Its just nailed on with small masonry nails with washers. Ive mentioned it a few times on here about how its done here in ireland. It does the job.