Plastic render trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones10

Hi all I was wondering what the clear plastic trowels from refina are like for rendering with white cement? They are supposed to give a different Finnish compared to steel.... Anyone used one of these?
Cheers

ive just got one, ive heard the same. so im going to give it a go as and when to find out.

Hi all I was wondering what the clear plastic trowels from refina are like for rendering with white cement? They are supposed to give a different Finnish compared to steel.... Anyone used one of these?
Cheers

Hi Bones we use plastic trowels for compression on clay we use the Japanese type we sell quite a few to lime plasterers they seem to like them the only trouble is restocking them pain in ass so we are looking to test refina trowels and i will also post on here at a later date.

Cheers

HI bones,

could you explain by what you mean "a different finish"?
I know what plastic does on plaster finishes but as for render if you mean S&C then I am a little perplexed?
S&C render as in a standard finish .i.e. rubbed up and a very very very light sponge, the same is said for white cement.
I cant really see any difference in using plastic as oppose to steel then "finishing" the product.

Rock on !

i bought one like on page three to use on a polymer screed,a guy at the trade counter said they were s**t to me when the guy whent to get me one, i still bought it just to see used -it for about five strokes then washed -it off and when back to me steel trowel, so if anyone wants to buy it then give us a shout and i'll send it to you /you can pay for postage all on pay-pal.

hi guys,

thought it chip in a bit of information on the trowels and say that if you want to know more about the specifics of each trowel then give me a shout.

The plastic trowels are a german made product designed for finishing acrylics, paints and wall coatings.

The different trowels will leave a different finish depending on the aggregate size in the coating. The plastic trowels will also give a different finish to the steel for this reason.

Cheers

just back from holland bought plastic trowel there 5 euros sponge float 5 euros just wondering why eveything is twice the price in this country nothing wrong with the quality of the tools i purchase ,there the same as refinas

Corse they dont ripps u of in Holland, speedskims are around a tenner cheaper in Spain plastic trowels around €5

HI bones,

could you explain by what you mean "a different finish"?
I know what plastic does on plaster finishes but as for render if you mean S&C then I am a little perplexed?
S&C render as in a standard finish .i.e. rubbed up and a very very very light sponge, the same is said for white cement.
I cant really see any difference in using plastic as oppose to steel then "finishing" the product.

Rock on !

Yea it says on s&c lime& white cement I'm not to sure about the whole thing to be honest

I think the plastic trowel you are talking about is the 13" ish clear like perspex with a wood handle ? its not like a texture coat trowel as it has a very thick blade and is quite heavy the only reason I can think of for replacing a steel on white cements is that there will be no discolouration from the blade.

When I bought mine years back they didn't seem to really know what it was for either thats the problem in the uk. I bought it to try on acrylics just because it was bigger than the usual plastic trowels but stopped using it because of the extra weight.

Yea that's the trowel I'm on about, I used a norm steel on it in end and it came up fine. Just thought I would see what the fuss is about. Think I'll leave it now though

Status
Not open for further replies.