Plastic or s*p*r*lex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Not used either but my wrist is telling me I've got to change but I've got no idea which is the easiest or the best to use. Doing mostly domestics and any advice would be appreciated.

Hi apprentice correct me if am wrong how come wrist are hurting through plastering when your calling yourself apprentice ? Now you might think thats rich comingfrom bagrat but my username has got nothing to do withthe trade! Ive got plazzy trowel but I only use it at final stage of finishing so its hardly goingto save my wrist ! For the record my hand is permanently swollen due to plastering ! Try and down size trowel it worked at treat for me from 16 to 13 but its worked .

14" for putting it on & 11"for troweling up

Well you could obviously try using the 11in for everything, as I do but I can't see it being the putting on that's causing the problem.
When my old man started to find things a struggle (not saying your old) he just started doing smaller moves, often doing four a day.
Moves were usually overlapped, almost like a rolling set so that he was always getting on the gear when it was comfortable.
I've got a plastic trowel and wouldn't attempt to use the BG Sprayfinish without it, but even then only for the later stages. IMHO they're to flexible (the Refina ones) to truly flatten anything, yes they'll take lines out but they'll never flatten like a steel trowel.
A stainless trowel pulls less on the surface than a carbon steel so causing less strain but a carbon steel is better for finishing on boardwork in the opinion of most that use them, so that should tell you how good a slippery plazzy trowel will be.
Christ that was an essay.

Sorry for the blasphemy Al.

Do you take any supplements for the joint pain? I take one 1500mg tab of Glucosamine Sulphate every day and it works for me. Never really had the pain in the wrist but I used to get locked fingers every now and then and feel like s**t every morning with sore knees and shoulder joint but these seem to alleviate it. Really, it helps. But you need to give it about three or four weeks before you feel the benefit. Google it. Or have a look at any of the reviews here, though it's not the brand that I use:

iHerb.com - Customer Reviews -Now Foods, Glucosamine Sulfate, 750 mg, 240 Capsules

FFS. It's the wrong video. Just Youtube it for some human stories. I'm telling you, it works. Seriously.:RpS_thumbup:

different. I herb .com from the one I use ?

Ah, right. Sorry for the confusion. The one I use is off eBay and I didn't want to post any direct advertising in case I got barred. Just provided this link as a kind of abstract or summary of the beneficial effects. I don't take the dog one either, though it does fulfill both human and animal needs. Not the dog one, the actual supplement itself .... if you see what I mean. It's not a wind up; it works.:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.