Plastic or Aluminium? - Handboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbles65

We haven't had a board v multi 'discussion/argument' for a while and I done a search and couldn't find anything on this - so, what's yer preferance for a handboard (or hawk to some of you)...........Plastic or metal, or even a wooden one :-0

marshaltown 14x14 magnesium for S&C or lime render / stucco's use any s**t trowel....steel on steel ...whoops no worries

plastic for when you are doing any type of fine finish using pavan or 3m stainless finishing trowels....steel on plastic ,no damage to trowel

Handboard lol sounds like a surfing term! My hawk is aluminium. Had it for years!!! it'll probably break now! lol

heh heh........I've got one of each in the van, but I aint used the metal un for a few years now. My plastic one has a couple of screws through the board into the handle after the c**t snapped....... That was a temporary repair 3 years ago:-0

i lost my MT hawk and got a wickes one as an emergency replacement, the handles like a fuc.kin butt plug!

cheap alloy ones 4 rendering as i throw them down ladders 2 gimp 2 load up marshalltown alloy 4 skimmin feels more comfy in the hand had mine 4 8 years & still flat it all depends on how u look after your tools :RpS_thumbup: dont like plastic ones imo brake 2 easy :RpS_unsure:

i use a hawk ............a hawky hawk .............some people use a nahdy handboardy handy wawky hand hawk hawk hand hawyhandyhawkyboardhawk

Saw this in France can't remember the size think it was something like 12"x6" or 14"x7". :huh:
There was also a White polystrene foam float? never seen them
before :RpS_unsure: couldn't imagine it'd last long.

photo-1750.jpg

That's a dangerous looking bit of kit!! Those corners in the ribs? no thanks! And that handle just looks wrong! Fcukin weirdo frenchies!!

i've got a plastic hawk atm, which i'm happy with, but was going out to look for a mental one, partly for a spare but also cos i just love buying new tools! so i'm interested in ya comments and recommendations! So far the wicks butt plug hawk has taken my fancy! :)

That's a dangerous looking bit of kit!! Those corners in the ribs? no thanks! And that handle just looks wrong! Fcukin weirdo frenchies!!

:RpS_biggrin:
I never noticed the handle mate you've got a dirty mind :rolleyes)

cheap alloy ones 4 rendering as i throw them down ladders 2 gimp 2 load up marshalltown alloy 4 skimmin feels more comfy in the hand had mine 4 8 years & still flat it all depends on how u look after your tools :RpS_thumbup: dont like plastic ones imo brake 2 easy :RpS_unsure:

You say you throw 'em down the ladder to yr mate and then you say " it all depends on how you look after your tools" :-0
Are you taking medication or does your carer sort the dosage for you ?????

i only use cheap ones 4 rendering & when im at the top ov big ladders ie 30ft throw it down when u come down its loaded no waitin its all about ur wet edges & ive done it the other way ie lab comin up **** that ladders bouncin nearly come off ladders every time no way my way works for me

i have Wickes plastic hawk, had it for years, cost about £6.Just feels right in mt hand, my Marshaltown alloy 1 feels 2 fat round the handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.