plastic bricks

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been thinking about this today got a quote for a damp coarse but i do'nt really know much about it. why has'nt anyone invented plastic bricks for a layer when the houses are built the same colour as other bricks they have plastic vents do'nt they? even for a damp coarse after the house is built why not just replace a few bricks at atime with plastic bricks? why would that not work or would it? mortar sticks to plastic and they could be high densisty to take any load

Think lego do a plastic brick range.....various colours ..sizes:RpS_thumbup:

It has been done :RpS_cool: and ive never seen a lego house suffer from damp issues.

lol yes i suppose it would be like lego. why not? it would stop damp like the bricks they throw in the swiimming pool when you learn to swim high densisty ones

I dont think people would go with the idea of there whole house resting on plastic bricks ?? If it starts now its another 50 year to prove it can stand the test of time lol

i mean solid plastic or rubber something waterproofed instead of brick. its just common sense i do'nt know why it has'nt been done. in all seriousness

Lego's the way forward, Plus moving house would be a doodle youd just need a big shoe box to sling the pieces in then just rebuild it somewhere else.

If you could build a large enough 3D printer you could just print yourself a whole house out of plastic.

i have been thinking about this today got a quote for a damp coarse but i do'nt really know much about it. why has'nt anyone invented plastic bricks for a layer when the houses are built the same colour as other bricks they have plastic vents do'nt they? even for a damp coarse after the house is built why not just replace a few bricks at atime with plastic bricks? why would that not work or would it? mortar sticks to plastic and they could be high densisty to take any load

i hope you never leave the forum dave thedog you brighten my days who would have thought of that you should go on dragons den

would they take my load

on a quality built house the last 4 corse up to dpc would be engineering bricks to stop rising damp.

class in a glass. maybe he has a point. you know, it just might work ...... :RpS_unsure:

Iv just invented a pair of shoes made of lego.
So when you step on lego it doesn't hurt,..you just get taller.

This has made me think of the story the 3 little pigs. They made there houses from straw,wood and bricks. Could the now be a 4th little piggy that made his house from plastic bricks. I wonder how the big bad wolf would get the little piggy from this house. I am pretty sure he wont get very far by huffing and puffing to blow the house down. I think you guys may come up with some ideas though:rolleyes)

Status
Not open for further replies.