Plastering

Members online

michaelckeyes

Hi guys,40 years in the trade...know the game I side out. Have an exceptionally large ceiling to skim..heard about retarder,but every distributor seems to be out of stock.. also herd about this creme of tartar...urban legend?and if not...what's the ratio?thanks in advance....by the way,I cannot get a tradesman to lay on with me at this short notice..and it's 32 8 by 4 slabs. I have managed 25 before at a push...but I'm in my 57th year now

Hi guys,40 years in the trade...know the game I side out. Have an exceptionally large ceiling to skim..heard about retarder,but every distributor seems to be out of stock.. also herd about this creme of tartar...urban legend?and if not...what's the ratio?thanks in advance....by the way,I cannot get a tradesman to lay on with me at this short notice..and it's 32 8 by 4 slabs. I have managed 25 before at a push...but I'm in my 57th year now
@Casper's your man....he does 40m crack house lids off steps on his tod

That is a big ceiling . I.d need 2 other on that f**k*r

pm me and I can send you a few packs out if it helps.

Bit late for your ceiling, but for future reference, I just remembered there are some gypsum retarding agents discussed in this 40yr old technical document:

nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/Legacy/TN/nbstechnicalnote755.pdf

Bit late for your ceiling, but for future reference, I just remembered there are some gypsum retarding agents discussed in this 40yr old technical document:

nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/Legacy/TN/nbstechnicalnote755.pdf
Read this a few weeks ago and noted one of the agents used as an accelerator is a by product of Gypsum.
Wonder if it is the same ingredient used in the new BG fastset?