Members online

TS3009

Hello everyone thought if sign up to this forum and see what help comes from it ...

I'm currently in my resettlement phase with the Army after 12 years & looking at plastering as a career change. Im booked on a course to learn the basics but would love to be working full time & getting hands on and learning more. I'm living in Salford/Wigan ... if anyone local to me are taking on in the new year please let me know.

Cheers

Hello everyone thought if sign up to this forum and see what help comes from it ...

I'm currently in my resettlement phase with the Army after 12 years & looking at plastering as a career change. Im booked on a course to learn the basics but would love to be working full time & getting hands on and learning more. I'm living in Salford/Wigan ... if anyone local to me are taking on in the new year please let me know.

Cheers

Who's the course provider, how long is it and does it leave you with an nvq?

There's a lot of scumbags on the military resettlement circuit who offer nothing of any use.

Just want that lovely army lolly.

Hello stevio, the course provider is Gold Trowel they're a company down south, Essex. Its a 6 week full time course and on completion its saying you'll leave with NVQ Level 3.

Also there's a company in St Helens called Fullagar, they're offering a 2 week course for half the price & on completion it says you'll leave with level 3 award in plastering.

Cheers mate

Who's the course provider, how long is it and does it leave you with an nvq?

There's a lot of scumbags on the military resettlement circuit who offer nothing of any use.

Just want that lovely army lolly.
I'll sort you a brolly,send your address

Hello stevio, the course provider is Gold Trowel they're a company down south, Essex. Its a 6 week full time course and on completion its saying you'll leave with NVQ Level 3.

Also there's a company in St Helens called Fullagar, they're offering a 2 week course for half the price & on completion it says you'll leave with level 3 award in plastering.

Cheers mate
NVQ level 2 sorry.

Cheers mate
Steve is just a painter so not sure he's best to get advice from,he's also a knobhead

Cheers mate
Level 3 NVQ after six weeks? sounds wrong or am i?

Steve is just a painter so not sure he's best to get advice from,he's also a knobhead
A knob head who happens to know that the army resettlement system is full of spivs who don't give a f**k about the guys who do their courses.

They offer ridiculous shite like basic plumbing and fill their money quota up with accommodation and wotnot just to get every penny the army has to offer.

Come the end of the 6 weeks matey here will probably be able to screw boards to a stud and chuck on one bag which won't leave him fast enough to work on site or experienced enough to do repairs and renovation.

@TS3009 if you think you'd be happy being a bricklayer then Combat to Construction is probably better for you. They'll offer you a job, ongoing training and support and they'll be sympathetic to your inexperience.

A knob head who happens to know that the army resettlement system is full of spivs who don't give a f**k about the guys who do their courses.

They offer ridiculous shite like basic plumbing and fill their money quota up with accommodation and wotnot just to get every penny the army has to offer.

Come the end of the 6 weeks matey here will probably be able to screw boards to a stud and chuck on one bag which won't leave him fast enough to work on site or experienced enough to do repairs and renovation.

@TS3009 if you think you'd be happy being a bricklayer then Combat to Construction is probably better for you. They'll offer you a job, ongoing training and support and they'll be sympathetic to your inexperience.
f**k**g hell can I have my arm back please

Lodan went on that 6 weej course and a year later he was a builder!!!!
He got the hump about everyone's attitude to a tpf charity suggestion from Algee and not heard of him since , shame he's not been back , be nice to hear how he's been getting on , I think he mentioned hard times and living in a caravan

He got the hump about everyone's attitude to a tpf charity suggestion from Algee and not heard of him since , shame he's not been back , be nice to hear how he's been getting on , I think he mentioned hard times and living in a caravan

Think youve got the wrong person mate

Monkey Omg GIF by MOODMAN

Ok I’m a grafter, if I go hook up and play football with Wayne Rooney does that mean I can be a pro footballer lol

I’m sure Lodan was quite happy to admit to being the apprentice with certain things, but he bought his own skills to the table...and time and money.

I build stuff, but would never call myself a builder in the traditional sense. Doesn’t stop me taking on a few jobs where I’m out of my comfort zone on a few aspects though, as I can call on a few people to do that side of things.

As for football, I’m s**t.

If only you had your time again