Plastering?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting boring now can you all stop posting questions about fking plastering.

I understand your point, but I have a couple of quick questions. What's the best way of skimming over artex? And what's the best trowel to use?

Overboard always, and apparently anything german.
Obviously im not talking about plastering but answering the questions how do you fall off a boat?.
And what cars do photocopier salesman drive?.

Fking hell Lee said you didn't have a clue.

I've Googled it but I can't find any info. Is a clue like a Marshalltown or one of these new plastic things?

The only advice @Nisus gave me was to knock the dried cement off the trowel before using it for skimming.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've Googled it but I can't find any info. Is a clue like a Marshalltown or one of these new plastic things?

The only advice @Nisus gave me was to knock the dried cement off the trowel before using it for skimming.

:RpS_biggrin:
Don't worry I'm bringing my electric trowel to the next job :RpS_thumbup:

:RpS_biggrin: I recognize all of these. It's true a lot of the skill has gone. I don't mind people picking my brains so long as they don't pick my pocket. I know **** all about the machines though my nephew does and wants to go that direction but to me it's like a mass production thing. I like to do it by hand with skill and satisfaction and I don't mean to knocks you who do that. It's craftsmanship I don't mind saying and I'm not sure spraying and all that is. Lol. Maybe it is if you get the finish. You probably get more money as well. Thats why I joined anyway maybe I'll get a few answers. I don't mean to knock anyone as I'm just saying what I know. Maybe I'm a bit of a neandefal.

:RpS_biggrin: I recognize all of these. It's true a lot of the skill has gone. I don't mind people picking my brains so long as they don't pick my pocket. I know **** all about the machines though my nephew does and wants to go that direction but to me it's like a mass production thing. I like to do it by hand with skill and satisfaction and I don't mean to knocks you who do that. It's craftsmanship I don't mind saying and I'm not sure spraying and all that is. Lol. Maybe it is if you get the finish. You probably get more money as well. Thats why I joined anyway maybe I'll get a few answers. I don't mean to knock anyone as I'm just saying what I know. Maybe I'm a bit of a neandefal.

And the prize for the most random post of the month goes to........................bloody hell it's not Asif it's the newbie DickBros.

To quick for me mate I now use one coat of Wickes stabiliser and two of PVA, works wonders for me:RpS_thumbup:

To quick for me mate I now use one coat of Wickes stabiliser and two of PVA, works wonders for me:RpS_thumbup:

I was only joking about the wickes exterior stabiliser the other day mate, you ain't really used it have ya? it'll fall off :-0

Lol. I don't understand the bitchy comment from above. I dont have to take that from an essex chav . Just kidding.

ran a cat over the other night in birkenhead. just sprang out from behind a car and darted across the road and i braked but too late. just saw it in the wing mirror spasmimg all over the road ffs and i drove off but then turned round and came back but there was a few people round it so drove on again. then when i went back to the job the next morning it was gone. felt bad but there was nothing i could have done. never ran an animal over before think it might have just been taken away by someone for the freezer or local I****n or something. only see roadkill on motorways round there

Status
Not open for further replies.