Plastering with cast

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin67

His guys ,I don't post much in the forum but I'm always looking ,can any of you tell me if you have had a plaster cast on your non troweling arm and still managed to work ,I am due an op on my wrist and have to be in cast for 2/3 months ,nightmare,as we are all self employed and need to work have any of you have any suggestions ,other than getting someone else to do it for you ,cheers in advance ,Martin

If your doing site work you may find that they will not let you on site of your carrying/or recovering from any illness/injury as there insurers probably won't cover them.

I think you will struggle to hold hawk etc/ with the way cast wraps around hand.

I broke my hand in the summer riding and had to take 5-6 weeks off, got insurance now.

I had 12 weeks off with wrist op, was troweling one though + was told cant work with a cast on for h+s reasons, that was for a company doing insurance work though but i dont fancy your chances on site. Had to do physio + be declared fit for work by dr before could go back. Wot op you got to have @Martin67?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi gareth have to have whats called a modified brunelli procedure ,which basically is grafting a new tendon from forearm to wrist ,i left my hawk at my arse and stood on it and fell landing fully on my wrist rupturing the scapho -lunate tendon ,which apparently is quite important ,happy days eh! fortunately i don't do site work anymore so h+s not such an issue ,supposed to be 3 months in cast ,we"ll see ,cheers guys

hi gareth have to have whats called a modified brunelli procedure ,which basically is grafting a new tendon from forearm to wrist ,i left my hawk at my arse and stood on it and fell landing fully on my wrist rupturing the scapho -lunate tendon ,which apparently is quite important ,happy days eh! fortunately i don't do site work anymore so h+s not such an issue ,supposed to be 3 months in cast ,we"ll see ,cheers guys
Hope it all goes well for you mate, i didnt enjoy sitting round for 3 months, on the plus side learnt to wank + play darts with me left hand. [emoji106] i had a bone graft on me mine, had to cut a chunk of bone cut out me hip + put that in me wrist + screw through it all hold it together, havnt got the most flexible troweling hand you've ever seen can still do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.