Plastering wages fall by 2.5%

To earn £1,000 in 3 days at 2.50m2 let's break it dow

That mean 400m2 in 3 days
133m2 per day on your own no lab
Average wall 4m x 2.4h is call it 10m2 for arguments sake.
4x4 room approx 56m2
So in 1 day on your own you need to skim 2 full rooms and say a ceiling. To make £1,000 in 3 days.

I don't care who you are or how good you are, That's not happening even with 3 hits a day.

Absolute b*ll***s.

That's not slagging anyone off that's a pure observation on earning £1000 in 3 days on £2.50m breaking it down.

I worked with a guy that would put exactly that amount on. 3 bedroom cielings first gage. 4 walls and reveals 2nd hit. 4 walls and reveals 3rd. Two coats and quality was pretty good. All decent size bedrooms.
Putting that amount on everyday is back breaking I wouldn't do it to myself I know my limits abs what I'm happy doing.
Prices should be better than they are no denying that and the ads putting on meters like that shouyld be paid even better because they are f**k**g their bodies long term.

The point really is they are too many plasterers around if wages are being driving down in a boom. Algee and big hitters drive prices down on sites, material prices rise, they are used as example earners on sites, and all builders get info on big boy earnings.
Algee is only earning what he can for like us all our family's.

I'm in Donny myself so know how rates differ North and South. Good and bad.

Putting that amount on though you should be getting paid more than the shite the big firms offer.
They won't give a f**k when you get crippled up because of it

Donny lads trained me and my brother up .....Steven docherty (goose)
Francis docherty and jerry.
Then men were animals.

I don’t think there is enough plasterers around, there’s that much work in U.K. atm that bg cannot keep up with the demand for boards , that says it all tbf , my mate just got rid of a lad who wanted a pay rise after one week working with him , the lad has no van , only a few tools and no idea what it takes to earn a decent half decent wage , a lot of people I feel think the world owes them something
Truth is no one owes you f**k all

I don’t think there is enough plasterers around, there’s that much work in U.K. atm that bg cannot keep up with the demand for boards , that says it all tbf , my mate just got rid of a lad who wanted a pay rise after one week working with him , the lad has no van , only a few tools and no idea what it takes to earn a decent half decent wage , a lot of people I feel think the worlde owes them something
Truth is no one owes you f**k all
That can't be true Vincey, if there ain't enough plasterers wages go up not down, these wages are based on non domestic plasterers,

You know many spreads from Donny old timers?

A few mate I think the dochertys iknew were nicknamed "toners"
Francis and jerry

The cannies aswell big screeding family.
Jerry mcalian
Mark mcalian
Martin McKinnely.

A few more aswell mate.

My prices have only got higher when I first moved down to Devon amount of people telling me I was too cheap was unbelievable! That soon changed, love my Yorkshire roots but would never go back up north you just get bummed by everyone up there, way to much competition there's only me and @Olican down here.... that's not a invite :ROFLMAO:stay off my patch bitches!!

Algee the average pay in that site is worst of them plastering down 2.5% to £783 a week. If you are making a grand in 3 days you are well above. If you day 5days wtf.
Your earning is not average.
Average for who?

Id happily take 783 a week lol

Fekkin right.

I'm doing pretty good at the moment on a very modest day rate. Make a bit on the labourer, make a bit on material. Comes out at more than 783 a week but that's for 6 days and I have to box clever to get it. Just me on my own 5 days id some weeks. Not others.

I'm not arguing with anyone but I use it the opposite....you get a free message and if they like the message or it suits them they shortlist. I put for example hi your room skim would be in the region of £500-£600 depending on prep. I'm free from x date. If this fits with your timescale please shortlist me and I'll pop over for a full quote......if the price or dates dont suit they dont shortlist (free) if they shortlist I know were singing off the same hymn sheet
You know how it works mate

How much would it take for you all to never spread again, 40 years on and off and still love it

Self employed site workers.

Seems alright to me if the Man is supplying all the work and doing all the worrying. Just tip up at 8 and go home at half four.

I have to find all my own work for that money. I only charge the Man £120 a day for my ongoing work, then £120 for the labourer, pay him £80, make a bit on material and do price work round the area too which I work out at £180 a day each. Still pay £80.

So it's a grand a week or perhaps a bit more but it's me doing all the worrying. Phone never stops. 800 and something for just turning up and chucking plaster on the wall is a fuckking bobbies job. When can I start?

I'm doing pretty good at the moment on a very modest day rate. Make a bit on the labourer, make a bit on material. Comes out at more than 783 a week but that's for 6 days and I have to box clever to get it. Just me on my own 5 days id some weeks. Not others.
[/QUOTE]

6 days?!...I’d be wanting double that. Many of the customers I work for are earn between 500-800 per day and can easily afford to spend £350 per day for a plasterer and lab.

Seems alright to me if the Man is supplying all the work and doing all the worrying. Just tip up at 8 and go home at half four.

I have to find all my own work for that money. I only charge the Man £120 a day for my ongoing work, then £120 for the labourer, pay him £80, make a bit on material and do price work round the area too which I work out at £180 a day each. Still pay £80.

So it's a grand a week or perhaps a bit more but it's me doing all the worrying. Phone never stops. 800 and something for just turning up and chucking plaster on the wall is a fuckking bobbies job. When can I start?

Where do you live/work Steve?

6 days?!...I’d be wanting double that. Many of the customers I work for are earn between 500-800 per day and can easily afford to spend £350 per day for a plasterer and lab.

Yes but there's a plan. There's one man here who's very powerful. Has 5 flats to renovate and manages the apartment complex. 50 flats. Knows every owner, every landlord and manages 29 more estates just like it.

I'm already his go to guy for the estate and his property and I'm fast becoming the go to guy for every f**k*r round here. I aim to build my evil empire in this way so I keep my prices down for him and do well paid price work off his recommendations.

So far so good. I've already got far more work on than I can handle on my own.

I pay more in tax than most people earn in this country .....
Just showed my brother your statement he said if you can't earn a grand in 3 days skimming @£2.50 or screeding rendering or boarding ...then give it up.
if your bro wants to do 400m2 in 3 days @ £2.50 a m2 then more fool him and of course hats off to him !

if your bro wants to do 400m2 in 3 days @ £2.50 a m2 then more fool him and of course hats off to him !

It's not that hard 8 handy mixes.
He skimmed 60 plots for Walsh plastering in barrow @£3.50. oakmere homes site.
Walked off the job towards the end when it came to the little plots.

Now got a Jones homes site in poulton for redrose dryling.
The northern lads on here know them.
He said it works out about £1350 for 10/11 hits (y)

Am thinking of going in tomorrow for the Frist day this week.

I remember working for Merseyside plastering ....the owner was whining about having to fork out 70 grand a week in wages and working 7 days a week lol.
Told him tuff at the top ain't it lol