Plastering up to protruding frame

Cortina_69

hi just wondering how you would go about finishing off pasteboard abutting a door frame that is protruding past the face of a wall. My intent is to have the frame protrude past the wall to line up with the skirting running around the room.

My initial thought was to use an L bead and butt it up hard against the internal side of the frame but I'm worried that this may cause cracking down the line due there being no allowance for movement. I have attached a diagram illustrating what i'm trying to achieve. will this work and if not what other options do i have.

Attachments

• door jam detail.jpg
    door jam detail.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 430
You probably have more chance of it cracking if you bead it. Where the beads meet is the weakest point and movement from opening/closing the door is more likely to crack at that point. Skim up to the frame and architrave it as previously posted

i am trying to avoid putting architraves. Is the any options that will allow me to do this without the possibility of cracking?

i was trying to avoid using a shadow line bead as i have no other detail like this in the house. If i use the j bead will it definitely crack in the future?

i was trying to avoid using a shadow line bead as i have no other detail like this in the house. If i use the j bead will it definitely crack in the future?
I live in a 200+ year old cottage and the frames are proud of the plasterwork just as you've described. I built a large extension on the back and replicated the frames/plasterwork detail, trust me it will crack down just about every frame.

Can’t you plaster out to the frame then plant a bit of timber on the frame so it covers the join between frame and plaster, making it look as if the frame is slightly wider than it is?

thanks for the input guys. I may have to reconsider the way i finish these door jams. I am still unsure about what the best solution is but will consider your recommendations and settle on something.