Plastering up to ceiling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bannjo

Hi guys first post here, great forum btw. I've recently re-borded my bedroom wall and i'm not at the stage of plastering it. I don't need to plaster the ceiling so how do i go about scrimming the joint between the wall and ceiling, bec if i scrim tape the joint your going to see one half of the scrim tape on the ceiling. How do i get round this? Any help much appreciated. Cheers

Dont scrim it , if theres a gap fill it and scrim along it not going onto the ceiling , if it has been boarded well and no gap dont bother with scrim

Thanks for the quick reply. There is a few mm gap at the joint, would you just fill this out with bonding and scrim as tight to the ceiling as possible? Cheers

Cheers guys. i've heard of guys putting stop beads tight agaist the ceiling and and skimming it over. I take it this is not recommended?

Personally id scrim the ceiling line skim up to it, then run a sharp stanley round it afterwards

we would scrim the ceiling line with half of the scrim on the ceiling. pva a strip of the ceiling about 150mm, plaster and blend into the ceiling twitch the ceiling line out, clean off all marks on ceiling with a sponge.

various ways, you could do as mentioned.. or use paper tape.. and feather the ceiling in with joint filler/plaster... or if ur struggling pay a plasterer to do it.

As said scrim the board tight to the ceiling and if it's a larger gap fill with bonding before skimming.

Because you then have fiba tape enbedded in the the gap right upto the ceiling, as opposed to running it along the top of the board which wont be tight to the ceiling if the ceiling line is p1ssed..

And don't tell people to go in the loft because that extra mm of tape you put on might fail

Because you then have fiba tape enbedded in the the gap right upto the ceiling, as opposed to running it along the top of the board which wont be tight to the ceiling if the ceiling line is p1ssed..

but you have not reinforced the joint with the ceiling.

but you have not reinforced the joint with the ceiling.

I have used this method many times, when overboarding ceilings I would always scrim that ceiling line, rather then p1ss about feathering in 6" down the wall right round the room. Or buying a bag of bonding or caulking the gaps. Have never had any call backs. So obviously iv been lucky.

I have used this method many times, when overboarding ceilings I would always scrim that ceiling line, rather then p1ss about feathering in 6" down the wall right round the room. Or buying a bag of bonding or caulking the gaps. Have never had any call backs. So obviously iv been lucky.

i suppose it is ok for south norfolk, but it is not a job for W1.

oi !!!! Scottie ! Don't dis the caulk!!!!!:-0
As the saying goes.........."its good to caulk"..:RpS_thumbsup:..................:RpS_blushing:

FFS......it's the blokes own house.

Just apply your first coat of finish, bed the scrim into it and then second coat it. If it cracks along the ceiling line then caulk it.

To be honest I would just move house mate, it's gonna crack in 3 & a half weeks resulting in the ceiling caving in which will pull down the opposite supporting wall this will cause the entire first floor to collapse & also half the roof. :RpS_crying:
Scrim or caulk won't do the job, just run now while you can :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.