Plastering up to backer board

Staff online

Dropsalot

Private Member
Right lads, need advice please..(I was going to add "sensible if poss"....but, well ...)..
Anyhoo, got to do a lot of skimming up to cement backer boards, they abut walls and obviously ceilings as well.
The client (and now me), is worried about cracking at these junctions.
My questions are:

What scrim will be the best to use?
Has anyone had experience/problems/pitfalls?

My thoughts are to use the " cement" (grey stuff, that's possibly stronger) backer tape where backer meets plasterboard. Wonder if skim will take to it?

If is what I think...... fill the gap between the boards, let it set, it may separate from the edges of the two boards but don't worry. Use wide strip of ewi fiberglass mesh. The size of the mesh will depends

I'm assuming it's being tiled , won't the tile cover the joint ?
Should of carried the plasterboard on a bit further so the tile covered it

Any pics bud? I'm doing one next week, im setting a stopbead flush with cement board. I say flush there will be a slight join, going to fill that with something groovy

we always take the plasterboard over by couple of inches then skim then you know the tiles are going to well cover the joint

we always take the plasterboard over by couple of inches then skim then you know the tiles are going to well cover the joint
There are 6 bathrooms in this house, all of them at least half tiled ( backer boarded). Architect & client have changed things time and again, so now I will have several joints to disguise, and of course the backer boards meet the ceilings, some of which are raked.
I think I might put up skim stop on the scrimmed / meshed joint, and then the tile can meet it with a touch of silicon perhaps.