Plastering Up To An Angle

Members online

No members online now.
Hi I'm just about to plaster my ceiling in my hallway downstairs. It is connected at an angle to the small ceiling as you go up the stairs which has already been plastered and only needs painting.<br /><br />Can I avoid plastering over this too and just doing the hallway ceiling with a stop bead?<br /><br />
5915e3abaa447fde2d17bb414e1b7d0c.jpg
0587dc38603eecb3e85db8c1779c2336.jpg
b91af770c36a2a676c2fe810d9e86172.jpg
<br />

Thin coat stop bead, fit slightly over the angle to accommodate the skim coat on the other side.

Just to ask a question.... did you do the rest of the plastering
Haha! No that was my Mrs using easi fill as there was a dado rail there before. Still needs sanding down obv. I'm getting the house to the standard in pics below.

Working from top to bottom on the house. Skimmed the ceiling in this bedroom, built wardrobes, architraves, skirting, extended ring circuit and added double outlets etc... Basically done all the work and wanting to continue plastering as its something I enjoy.

I prefer to always bead....

thin can use a stop bead on the odd angle and then on the 90 you can use a normal bead. If you are not plastering the other side you can just feather out that edge with some fine fill....

I recently used some beads on a roll from @knauf and it was for tape and jointing which means you can go on tighter :D

or just feather into the edge with no bead and use easi fil to blend it away... either which way works :D

I’ve just used a stop bead before. Put some grip fil or similar on the back to stop the gap opening up. Screw it, scrim and skim. Easifil and blend when dry.

No need for bead of you tape off along the opposite corner and pull tape before plaster is completely dry. If needed you can use a piece of plastic to lay the edge down by holding it across the edge on either side of the corner to make it blended perfectly.

Many thanks for the reply fellas. As you have a probably guessed I'm only a DIY'er but I do enjoy plastering.

I will post up a pic when I have done it. Going to scrape the high spots & first coat PVA tonight, then probably skim tomorrow night (obv will PVA again!). Will probably lose the beads and skim up to the edge, then feather off, or using scrim.

Many thanks for the reply fellas. As you have a probably guessed I'm only a DIY'er but I do enjoy plastering.

I will post up a pic when I have done it. Going to scrape the high spots & first coat PVA tonight, then probably skim tomorrow night (obv will PVA again!). Will probably lose the beads and skim up to the edge, then feather off, or using scrim.
Can i just ask your a diyer and going for lounge ceiling over artex

Are you on drugs (can you send me
some)
Are you sure you know what you are doing

:frenetico::frenetico::frenetico:

Lol yes I do. Done a few already ceilings already.

3:1 pva day before, 3:1 on the day, wait till tacky, lay on multi, flatten off, lay on second, flatten off, wet trowel, dry trowel?

May mix a bit of bonding into first mix to bulk out due to artex. Could overboard but not going to.

Obv hard to see but skimmed this main bedroom ceiling. Room is about 13' x 10'

Attachments

• 20190303_164805.jpg
    20190303_164805.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 314
Yeah putting bonding in it much better with artex ... I just put in a couple handfuls per bag makes it good for the multi to finish off with