Plastering trip abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack88

Planning to broaded my horizons and plan a trip working abroad. Looking to travel from place to place to further skillz and experience life off the island for a bit...was wondering if anyone has had any experience of working abroad on here?? any recommendations of where to go, where the top plasterers are, general things to watch out for etc...i'll be taking my van over to europe, starting in germany on a restoration job for a friend (lime work) and from there i'd like to do switzerland, Italy (venice), Spain..to name a few...big in to traditional lime and clay plastering, some venetian plastering and covered most of the modern systems out there...any help greately appreciated!!:RpS_thumbup:

Ireland was the best place in the world to earn money for almost 10 yrs. it's quiet at the moment and prob won't pick up till at least August :RpS_thumbup:

Planning to broaded my horizons and plan a trip working abroad. Looking to travel from place to place to further skillz and experience life off the island for a bit...was wondering if anyone has had any experience of working abroad on here?? any recommendations of where to go, where the top plasterers are, general things to watch out for etc...i'll be taking my van over to europe, starting in germany on a restoration job for a friend (lime work) and from there i'd like to do switzerland, Italy (venice), Spain..to name a few...big in to traditional lime and clay plastering, some venetian plastering and covered most of the modern systems out there...any help greately appreciated!!:RpS_thumbup:

Good Luck fella.
You may want to rethink Venice if you want to keep the Van though. No way you are getting your van there! Florence/Rome maybe a better option.

I used to work in france a lot in summer usually in the alps round morzine was easy to get work there then(bout 5 yrs ago) as all the chalets shut down after the winter season and always need refurbs also a lot of brits were buying houses and renovating trades were getting 250 euros a day not he black not sure what its like now tho

strangest ive seen were these portuguese dudes in australia literally throwing it on with a hurling trowel type thing.tell you what though neat as fcuk quick flat and good.

i renderd a wall this way the other week haha the walls was ****** and the gear was horrible so i got a small frying pan and flicked it till the wall was covered evenly then just ruled it off, not my ideal situation but it worked for me

strangest ive seen were these portuguese dudes in australia literally throwing it on with a hurling trowel type thing.tell you what though neat as fcuk quick flat and good.[/QUOT
Thats how they do it mate cant see anything wrong with it you definitely get better adhesion that way and if the finish is good no probs.

i quite liked it to be honest it felt weird applying it like that but its the only way i could get it to stick, the finish was mustard aswell

the top plasterers in the world are in ireland except for donegal of course roughe as **** there and tight as scots but theres no work here now unless ur polish

i liked holland, with the sigma of finland self finishing plaster, easy work. 2 plasterers or stickadors as they are called in holland will cover what 5 plasterers would cover in this country thts how they can pay high wages.
france is to laid back we took our own multi finish down there as getting materials is always hard work.

i liked holland, with the sigma of finland self finishing plaster, easy work. 2 plasterers or stickadors as they are called in holland will cover what 5 plasterers would cover in this country thts how they can pay high wages.
france is to laid back we took our own multi finish down there as getting materials is always hard work.

Not the way it was for me in Holland , I was doin the work of three spreads, and the work of five in Germany !!, if they ever wanted any hand applied lime or sand cement work doin they always came to me, cos their lads couldn't cope , especially on soffits or cellar ceilings, ended up doing as much private work as I did for the various company's

Status
Not open for further replies.