(Plastering Tool) or not......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: trowhawk or not......

well ive watched the video and tbh the bloke hasent got a clue how to dot n dab and the tool looks pretty pointless i wudnt dot n dab with my bucket trowel i wud use my old trowel and my hawk coz then i dnt have to keep going bk to the bucket i just get it from my hawk and by all means send me one to try out but i will be sending it bk coz theres no point init but well done for inventing something i hope you do very well out of it

jimfish said:
simplybesty said:
its a trowel end of but i think your blinded by the product. but all to there own but the dabing mate is not to spec and if you do it that way onsite your work will be condemed, take it how you want but thats how it it.
listen Besty that is a demonstration of one of its uses and your right bottom dabs for skirting side dabs for strength along the joint and top dabs for plasterboard joins thats not the point here i am not blinded by the product at all just trying to bring some thing new and useful to various trades each to there own as you say remember this that trowel has had a lot more positive than negative responses about it a lot more your comments are welcomed but if you have never tried something then how can comment on it. ( trowhawk)( job done lets move on)

i know alot of spreads who use topcoat ie sto allsecco straight from bucket and i think the trowhawk would be great for this

jim you got an earring in that vid lose it mate your knocking on abit

grand wizard said:
jim you got an earring in that vid lose it mate your knocking on abit
Thanks grand i aint doin bad for fifty years old as for the earing well it is diamond not cubic zir like some of the thread writers on here i can take there criticising with ease coz ive been around a lot longer than most they still have alot to learn about the trade .jim trowhawk

like water off a trowhawks back think i will get one for topcoat

rockhardsolidplastering said:
jim a float is a float not a trowel and a trowel is not a float its a trowel not one single plasterer ever calls them what you call them hence a plasterer you cannot be end of
thats great coming from someone who cant tell the difference between float trowel i can see ya saying to your lab pass me trowel and he hands you a gaugeing trowel or a pointing trowel or brickies trowel pipe trowel margin trowel and so on so pass me trowel ? which one trowhawk Hence you dont know what your on about

grand wizard said:
you,d be (french word)ed if they passed you a skirting trowel
i wouldnt if i was laying a resin or quartz floor with a troweled skirting then i would use an angled edgeing trowel either internal or external lets see how many trowel types people actually know comments welcome jim trowhawk

The trohawk is a useful bucket trowel, one visit and you have a hawkfull, it ain't gonna replace the hawk but you can work from a bucket easier when needed.

McPlaster said:
The trohawk is a useful bucket trowel, one visit and you have a hawkfull, it ain't gonna replace the hawk but you can work from a bucket easier when needed.

I have a trowhawk and to be honest it has come in handy a few times it is nothing like a bucket trowel its alot wider but i still cant get the hang of it left handed taking it out the bucket but i would say its a good product handy for all sorts, I wouldnt use it as a replacement for my hawk but if you have a small patching job or small wall to put on it saves you getting your hawk and bucket trowel out just the trohawk and your trowel and away you go.

grand wizard said:
if you want to cheat go on www.kraft-tool.com and write them all down that link dont work by the way
Which link grand and i like that quote mr earring and your right skirting trowel for granite staircases gone over me head. jim

seriouse question jim, what happens when you do a pissy mix like alot do how do you get enough on the trowhawk, in your vids is quite thick gear your using but no good on meterage or price?

grand wizard said:
come on the trowhawk
OK grand everyone should posess a traditional hawk and trowhawk in there kit bag then youve got the best of both (job done lets move on) jim

also all-wall.com have their own version of the trowhawk with free diamond earring on every order

jim im not slating it im bigging it up mate im getting one for acrylics

bkh said:
seriouse question jim, what happens when you do a (french word)y mix like alot do how do you get enough on the (Plastering Tool), in your vids is quite thick gear your using but no good on meterage or price?
Ok i mix up a full bag of finish or multi in one mix load the trowel to its max and away i go you will be suprised how much you can get on that trowel watch closely at the demo one minute and eighteen seconds into it and you will see how much.

grand wizard said:
I know grand pm me with your details and you can be one of the chosen few on here to benefit from my good nature ask oasis or bod they have them

i will prob try one but i dont think it might go in the garage with the other tools i dont use but i can see like grand said when were doing bucket coats and maybe tappers

jimfish said:
grand wizard said:
I know grand pm me with your details and you can be one of the chosen few on here to benefit from my good nature ask oasis or bod they have them
I think you should send me one too, for bringing it to everyones attention, ;D ;D

The only time I ever use a spotboard and stand is when doing rendering or, big bonding/hardwall jobs.

I allways work out of the bucket, theres no right or wrong its down to personal choice, for that reason I'd say this tool would be good for me, and will definately buy one.

nelly said:
The only time I ever use a spotboard and stand is when doing rendering or, big bonding/hardwall jobs.

I allways work out of the bucket, theres no right or wrong its down to personal choice, for that reason I'd say this tool would be good for me, and will definately buy one.

will you be incorporating the hawk side of it?

This thread has been censured due to blatent free advertising. Any mention of the tool in question has been removed until such a time that Danny looks at it and decides if it is blatent plugging or not, he can then do with it as he likes.

Cheers

Martyn

Why has the word been replaced with plastering tool? complete false advertising in my opinion.................................only jokin jim xx

flynnyman said:
nelly said:

will you be incorporating the hawk side of it?

I mean, I will use it as a big bucket trowel and still use a normal handboard.

I cant see how its advertising by jim it was a thread started by another member can you change the censoring to (bucket trowel) ;D

napper83 said:
I cant see how its advertising by jim it was a thread started by another member can you change the censoring to (bucket trowel) ;D
Ok T**W***K ( AKA The Ultimate plastering tool )ps as said i didnt start this thread regards jim

This is just one of them tools that will gather dust.The sort of thing that you get from one of them cataloges put through the door,but for some reason you always pick the bloody thing up to look at all the sheit init ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.