Plastering sand

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try county at swan lane noel, last time I used it it was decent stuff. Just ask for darren or andy and they will sort you out. If you can't find the number ill send it you

as in buildbase? they are a 'kin disgrace. tried charging us £6 for a 6x3 then they said 'oh but well do 9.5s for £4' i spoke to daz at county and he said he will do them both for 2.80. never use buildbase anymore other than for artex and building paper as no one else stocks it

Yes mate Build Base....

Basically had a ton bag off them, to do a front and side of a extension, which was then being Tyrolened to match existing house. Both hits were covered in shrinkage cracks. Every mix was gauged as well, Fortunately no hollows all solid, so the Tyrolean is now on and looks a treat. Another spread has had the same in the last fortnight with the same kit, it all had to come off as was supposed to be paint grade. Wonder where you would stand with the merchants, whether you could get them to stump up for extra man hours, hacking off and re spreading ??

Thers some s**t about , i only use leighton buzzard now , did you ask for a fine sharp washed sand or just plastering sand out of interest ?

We used to have very nice Mersey fine, plastering sand in the North West.
Proper, washed, sharp river sand, used to be great..
I know that there have been real problems with this kind of sand in the last 6-12 months, cracking and failing,
I know of a few contractors who had completed full house renders and pebbledashing and the Reps for the sand suppliers were called out.
I have floated a few interiors with the same stuff recently and there was a lot of cracking from that too..
Somebody should be taking responsibility and the merchants are blaming the suppliers..

gave a couple of mates a hand to render up some flats, they thought the plastering sand they had was too fine so they banged a shovel full of grano dust in every mix, rubbed up ok and no cracks

a lot of the time its the silt and clay in the sand that causes it to crack , not washed properly . it really needs to be a quality sand and washed , putting a shovel of course helps .

Status
Not open for further replies.