Plastering over vandex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
if treated properly,, ie all hacked off back to brick work then rendered with sika (or another good waterproofer) added to the mix then given 3 good coats of vandex, you will be alright using hardwall and multi as it wont be damp amymore

I have only a patch to do, but its for a very anxious customer, I have hacked off the damp area caused by ingress from the neighbours side of the party wall, I think I have addressed the cause, the guy has had a heater and dehumidifier drying out his side, my plan was to vandex over the brickwork, couple of coats then dri coat the next day then skim following day..

vandexing on the brickwork should be ok john as long as it neat enough to get good coats on the bricks and joint,, then dri coat and multi will be fine

I have only a patch to do, but its for a very anxious customer, I have hacked off the damp area caused by ingress from the neighbours side of the party wall, I think I have addressed the cause, the guy has had a heater and dehumidifier drying out his side, my plan was to vandex over the brickwork, couple of coats then dri coat the next day then skim following day..

Sounds good to me

Status
Not open for further replies.