Plastering over paint

Members online

Martyj27

Hello

After stripping all the wallpaper off I'm now left with painted wall. In some parts this has peeled after reacting to the steamer.

Question I have is, can I plaster straight on now? Or do I need to sand down the peeled areas or even attempt to strip the entire paint off in its entirety?

Thanks in advance

Blade scraper! Pva skim or blue grit whatever takes ya fancy!
51EBIVTRgqL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
£5 toolstation have a morning out call Costa and have a quality street latte!

Hello

After stripping all the wallpaper off I'm now left with painted wall. In some parts this has peeled after reacting to the steamer.

Question I have is, can I plaster straight on now? Or do I need to sand down the peeled areas or even attempt to strip the entire paint off in its entirety?

Thanks in advance
take off what looks loose/ pva 50/50 and take the risk like we do every day

Hello

Thanks in advance
I'd scrape the flakey paint or even run sander over then grit not pva personally.For the sake of gritting and no come backs why both for the sake of a few quid.

Thanks all, will scrape away and grit as I've got quite a bit of both green and blue in the house. Forgot to add the picture before, this is the worst of it, main wall face fine but just peeling in corners where steamer on for longer

20211112_152454.jpg

I'd scrape the flakey paint or even run sander over then grit not pva personally.For the sake of gritting and no come backs why both for the sake of a few quid.
you'd be surprised what some try to get away with on here to try and save a few bob

Grit can fail just like pva
Failed on me a while back. The house i was working in was so gopping it just had to be reskimmed before i could paint. Gritted it up but i hadn't banked on greasy walls. Bits of it came away like wallpaper

So long as PVA is dry no problem. Spend the day pva ing . And beads. Scim when it's bone dry. All this scim when tacky is b*ll***s..