Plastering over installation anyone?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky4

Hi folks,i was on site yesterday to plaster a conservatory.I was told that it was fine to apply bonding coat straight over the installation panels that were already plugged on and then to skim over the top afterwards.I was'nt too sure if it would work as it was just 18mm thick installation panels.It seemed to work but was wondering if bonding is the right key on installation?Thanks

Kingspan? Not tried bonding onto them. You can get plasterboard with insulation stuck on.

You should of screwed plasterboards ontop, think the way u have done it is a will end up a disaster if you bonded on kingspan ! Best (cracks) worst (falling back off ! )

was'nt kingspan just 18mm thick insulation panels that were plugged onto the walls of the conservatory i was asked to skim.I said to the owner that should be boarded over but he said that the manager on site left me bonding and plaster to go over it,soo i warned him and done it anyway.Easy to say i hate jobs like that because it seemed every sub-contracter on site did'nt really know how to go on or have any respect for the clients on the building state,were as i always do.Anyway it set and looked nice and the manager was please but i was like"Cant be doing risky jobs like this".I did warn them but wether or not it hit home i dont know,ohh well im off site now soo,only so much you can warn people,lead a horse to water but cant make them drink it soo got me ££s and left.

Yeeehaa !!!!
18760-banner-peter-horjus-rodeo-cowboy_zpsf2ef5c00.jpg

I insulated between some timber beams with standard polystyrene insulation and plastered it with 1 coat, been up about 6 years now with no probs.

20 odd years ago we were bonding an skimming over EPS for a local authority, it works, just no strength to it ,maybe if its fully meshed it would be equivalent to an ewi system

Status
Not open for further replies.