Plastering over artex

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselpower

Hats off to you guys that plaster every day, yous must be on drugs or raving alcoholics!!
Just done 3 (only three) days plastering over artex, usually my mate over boards it so no problem, but this job was an afterthought so no choice. Stipple on the ceiling and swirls on the walls.
Looked at that job that was posted yesterday and thought wow I bet my ceiling fails, but no it was fine today.
I pva'd it, let it dry then slapped a second coat of pva ( stronger) on then after a bit 1st coated then 2nd coated, it still went quickly.

Anyway, for you boys that do that everyday, I doff my hat!!!!

Carling, painkillers, redbull and not being rite in the head keeps me spreading :flapper:

real ale, intensive therapy sessions , Samaritans phone number, on first name terms with them ,invite to xmas party

Here's another tip for ya on artex .If it's painted in over in v silk & clean there is no need to PVA it just lay straight on with multi as it's already sealed but only at your own risk lol

Plastering/skimming on Artex is all about timing, i use to detest going over Artex when Multi first come out around 20 years back and nothing worse than when you keep trowling up and feel your not getting anywhere and your still trowling when it's changing colour, call me sad but i actually enjoy it now, whether it's been painted or not i always do one strong coat pva(no water added) let that go tacky, one coat muti let that go firm and this is where you have to go on it at the right time, flatten in 'if' there are any trowel lines and just before you feel its getting too firm where your fingers will not mark it if you wipe your hand over the surface lay a second coat on, think after years and years of plastering i've finally cracked it lol

Unless of course the customer hasn't told you in the past there has been a slight leak on the ceiling or the painted artex/painted surface has got damp then when you lay on the 1st coat Multi the paint work starts bubbling, then you feel like quiting lol

Plastering/skimming on Artex is all about timing, i use to detest going over Artex when Multi first come out around 20 years back and nothing worse than when you keep trowling up and feel your not getting anywhere and your still trowling when it's changing colour, call me sad but i actually enjoy it now, whether it's been painted or not i always do one strong coat pva(no water added) let that go tacky, one coat muti let that go firm and this is where you have to go on it at the right time, flatten in 'if' there are any trowel lines and just before you feel its getting too firm where your fingers will not mark it if you wipe your hand over the surface lay a second coat on, think after years and years of plastering i've finally cracked it lol

Unless of course the customer hasn't told you in the past there has been a slight leak on the ceiling or the painted artex/painted surface has got damp then when you lay on the 1st coat Multi the paint work starts bubbling, then you feel like quiting lol

Haha yeah been there lol

I've had all sorts happen bubbling ,peeling ,gone off like a rocket ,patching sliding on the Pva but never had anymore problems since I used plasterers grit

Status
Not open for further replies.