Plastering over artex walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lyndon

Hi, Can someone please help. I have been offered a job to plaster over a very large area of artex walls.
What is the best way to do this?
The patern has been painted over a few times and isnt a deep patern. Should I put a thin coat of bonding on first then skim?
I have been talking to another plasterer today and he says bonding will react to the artex- is this true?

Is a few coata of PVA ok before multi finish.

Thanks in advance for the help

Hi there

I normally pva the artex twice, just to ensure you kill the suction, then just board-finish, I don't know if its a confidence thing but I feel boardfinish goes over artex easier.

Or you could over board the wall.

Thanks - Overboarding is not really an option.

What is the difference between board finish and Muliti finish is it to do with the suction

Depending on how heavy the artex is you can normally get away with just pva then skim if it is really heavy then a coat of bonding should be fine. I expect what the other plasterer was telling you was from a bad experiance i think all spreads have had artex come away or peel at some point but it dont happen very often, but you can usually tell if its not good to skim by scraping a bit off, if its on pretty solid then its all good to go, if it comes away with ease, try scraping as much off as you can, then either use bond-it or wickes bonding agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.