Plastering over angle beads

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gogomollie

Does anyone have any tips on how i get the perfect angle when plastering over an angle bead? i have an external trowel but i cant i seem to get the full bead covered.

Gogo your question aint making much sense......but if your trying to ask if you should cover the whole bead then the answer would most definitely be yes and scrape any excess off but if you are experiencing bits of bead showing through you have probably not put your bead on properly.

Right then, I think you're on about over-skimming the walls and if so, it is best to put a thincoat bead over the existing one:RpS_thumbup:

I wish folks could be a bit more literate or post more legible posts, think I'll start a course off and call it "Gold Vowel"

Lol we will get you reading and writing in 2 hours then go on to earn 100 grand per year

what i prob should of said is.....do you need to cover the whole bead when plastering?

When you say "all the bead", if you mean cover the smooth metal edge (arris) then the answer is no. That's the whole point of the edge, to give you a nice smooth seamless finish.
If this isn't what you mean then I haven't a ******* clue what you're on about.

I didn't realise it did p!ss the painters off H
confused-smiley-013.gif

Yes a while ago you said words to this effect or I have not read the post as you ment it to be.

Henry, I know I said I like to polish my beads up when I've finished, but that's so that folks can see there's no build-up on them, and it does look good - nice & shiney like :RpS_thumbup:

Maybe you're thinking cos they're polished like the walls??

**** that on site , they barely pay me enough to polish the fxxking walls let alone the beads!! the greedy blood sucking cxxts . quick scrape with my hefty floor scraper sorts out the overhangs..

I got a feeling he's tryin to use his external trowel over an angles bead!! classic

When you say "all the bead", if you mean cover the smooth metal edge (arris) then the answer is no. That's the whole point of the edge, to give you a nice smooth seamless finish.
If this isn't what you mean then I haven't a ******* clue what you're on about.

this is prob how I should of worded it essexandy and yes thats what i meant (the arris). I apologise for my lack of english vocabulary failing but i never was good at english so feel free to make fun.....oh yeah some of you already have. Plus I had a aboot 6 cans at time of press.

Some of the questions on here..Jesus!

I know where suppose to be helping others and stuff, but some of them are such basic stuff, you couldn't get more basic if you tried...

Suprised with not had one asking how you get it off the hawk????

Status
Not open for further replies.