Plastering over a previously water damaged wall - need advice

Members online

Adam100883

Hoping for a little advice if possible.

Our boiler sprung a leak and water trickled down through the floor and damaged our bathroom wall. Thought i had dealt with the damp and waited months before stripping the paint and replastering. However when i did replaster parts look wavy. Uping touching this it felt like wet paper. The plaster has now dried and has cracks in it. Please see image attached. Is this something i can plaster over or do i need to cut this section of dry wall out and replace?

Any help would be seriosly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

Attachments

• 1502043872933694694239.jpg
    1502043872933694694239.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 313
Has it been re skimmed? Possibly had the plaster laid on too thick in this area or some bare brick/mortar/backing plaster not been sealed properly before skimming and it's sucked the moisture out and dried that area too fast

I just plaster over stains and see what comes through. I then stain block and paint..Possibly a leak that's now stopped although it's summer and heating isn't on. Sometimes you only get a leak when heating is on. It's strange though.. Investigate more I would..

Hoping for a little advice if possible.

Our boiler sprung a leak and water trickled down through the floor and damaged our bathroom wall. Thought i had dealt with the damp and waited months before stripping the paint and replastering. However when i did replaster parts look wavy. Uping touching this it felt like wet paper. The plaster has now dried and has cracks in it. Please see image attached. Is this something i can plaster over or do i need to cut this section of dry wall out and replace?

Any help would be seriosly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

sure you fixed the leak? Or is there another?