plastering over a painted wall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2D2

hey guys. i've just removed the wallpaper and lining paper from the living room and the walls been painted over. do i need to remove the paint or can i just put wba or pva over the top of it? and whats better wba or pva?
cheers

If it's gloss/silk walls then WBA.
If theres a fair bit of paste residue still on the walls WBA it mate it'll seal it in & dry rock hard to skim over whereas pva won't on old paste.
If not pva it :RpS_wink:

and charge an extra £100 for all the time spent fncking about

correct same has using PVA

have you had any experience in plastering?
very little. gave a guy a hand about 10 years ago. i just like the satisfaction of knowing that i did something and it looks spot on lol. thats why i'm trying to get the answers for what could be a serious amount of question asking

take ALL the paper off even the tiny bits!!!!!!!! pva it then skim it no need to fnck but with cleaning the wall with this and that, just slap it on mate and if its s**t then let it dry and have another go
(dont fnck about with west bromich albion and all that lot just pva it)

thanks for the advice guys. will give it a go and hopefully it will come out looking something like. its my own house anyway so i'm not worried too much lol

and charge an extra £100 for all the time spent fncking about

correct same has using PVA

have you had any experience in plastering?

I always get the customer to sugarsoap the walls marra.......:RpS_thumbup:

very little. gave a guy a hand about 10 years ago. i just like the satisfaction of knowing that i did something and it looks spot on lol. thats why i'm trying to get the answers for what could be a serious amount of question asking

it would work out cheaper to employ a plasterer. the time you will take and the cost of the tools it is a no brainer!

Status
Not open for further replies.