Plastering or Tiling????

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasterDaniel

Hi guys have recently applied to a plastering course in my local college for september. When i got to the end i got an option 'show modules' and this came up.

Cskills Awards Level 1 Diploma in Plastering (QCF) (C1037). Session: 101F
  • Apply and Fix Tiling Materials to Wall and Floor Tiling Installations (U1224 ). Session: 101P
  • Apply and Fix Tiling Materials to Wall and Floor Tiling Installations (U1224 ). Session: 104P
  • Building methods and construction technology (U1207 ). Session: 102P
  • Handle and store construction materials and components (U1220 ). Session: 101P
  • Infomation, quantieis and communicating with others (U1201 ). Session: 102P
  • Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction (U1206 ). Session: 102P
  • Knowledge of information, quantieies and communicating with others (U1211 ). Session: 102P
  • NCFE Level 2 Award in Reflective Practice (QCF) (C2255/101P) (C2322 ). Session: 368P
  • Prepare Tiles for Fixing to Wall and Floor Installations (U1223 ). Session: 101P
  • Set out for construction components (U1222 ). Session: 101P

Has the college made a mistake or is tiling apart of what u had to learn for plastering? I Dont mind as id like to learn as much as possible. Thanks guy and sorry if this is a dumb question.

I’m no expert in the curriculum but I see the word tiles allot and no mention of plaster so I would give them a ring on the safe side

Yes many many years ago all tiling was done by plasterers and was part of the skill set. That's why they say that tilers are just frustrated plasterers. Bit it looks here like someone may have there wires crossed.(i hope they have not done the electrical course:RpS_scared:).

You have to learn how to plaster when you do the tiling coarse. I only know this cause my friend is a lecture at my local college. The plastering coarse is just plastering. I would check what you've applied for mate.

I done à years tilling course m8 learned how to straiten walls with sand and lime set me up nicly for my 2 year plastering course after 9 months with componey and now im doing wee jobs my self and got à m8 helping with bigger jobs stick at it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.