plastering on your own

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharky

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a question for you if you could give me your views. When plastering on your own, at what stage would you start your next set? As I do 2 walls at a time (bag/bag & half) a gauge x 2 coats and find it hard to pull myself away to begin my next set in fear of losing it or leaving minor descrepancies before getting back to it to trowel up. I just want to be able to do more in a day without jeopardising quality as I'm finding I can only get 2 sets done in a day after all prep work when seeing each set start to finish.

Also why does my work look perfect after final trowel but once dry some very small descrepancies appear?

Cheers

i find that a good light helps to spot hollows and misses.

i got a 500w one from wickes for about a tenner.

sharky said:
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a question for you if you could give me your views. When plastering on your own, at what stage would you start your next set? As I do 2 walls at a time (bag/bag & half) a gauge x 2 coats and find it hard to pull myself away to begin my next set in fear of losing it or leaving minor descrepancies before getting back to it to trowel up. I just want to be able to do more in a day without jeopardising quality as I'm finding I can only get 2 sets done in a day after all prep work when seeing each set start to finish.

Also why does my work look perfect after final trowel but once dry some very small descrepancies appear?

Cheers

could be that your filling hollows out with the watered down "fat" you've built up on your trowel, i always save a bit of mix and use that to fill any gaps 8)

when on the 2nd coat flattening and wet ....look behind trowel edge not infront and you can catch the dips/imperfections etc and fill...leave a little mix as stated above

Status
Not open for further replies.