plastering on wood

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
on my coarse we laerned "plaster on wood is no good" when i come across an old timber lintel i will screw plasterboard over it or will cut eml and fix it with clout nails but why can you plaster on lathe then?

they are called nibs drplastering not mushrooms. thats what i learned maybe that is a local term maybe?

The plaster that goes in between the lathes are also called mushrooms - because it forms a shape like mushrooms above the lathes

sorry mate. learned something today thanks. :RpS_thumbup:i have taylor and was looking at one by some scot but it was about a hundred notes

sorry mate. learned something today thanks. :RpS_thumbup:i have taylor and was looking at one by some scot but it was about a hundred notes

yeah the miller book is excellent especially for the older plastering techniques and terminology

on my coarse we laerned "plaster on wood is no good" when i come across an old timber lintel i will screw plasterboard over it or will cut eml and fix it with clout nails but why can you plaster on lathe then?
When are you guys going to get it Dave is takeing the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.