plastering on tiles

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah what ya wanna do is score the tiles with a grinder then trowel on some thick sbr & cement,
then run a notched trowel horizontal over it.
Then when fully dried give it a coat of bonding then skim ;)

I just made that up don't try this at home ;)

topmark said:
Casper said:
It possible with the amazing WBA ???

yes, use board finish though and let first coat hazel off, no problems.
why use board finish whats the f**k is the matter with multi ? board finish is designed for f**k**g plasterboard man ;D

Casper said:
Look you knob jockeys i am the best spread on here & i can drink more red stripe than any of you cnuts :p

Bloody hell mate calm down no one likes a bragger/liar :-\

Red stripe? Fock it. I love WBA so much i'm going to start drinking it. Love the smell of it too. Great gear, splash it all over ;D

spunky said:
topmark said:
Casper said:
It possible with the amazing WBA ???

yes, use board finish though and let first coat hazel off, no problems.
why use board finish whats the (french word) is the matter with multi ? board finish is designed for (french word)ing plasterboard man ;D
Board finish is for low suction backgrounds not just plasterboard, when WBA is applied you have very little suction, i find it a lot better than watching multi grinning at me hanging for ages!!

I agree board finish gives a better more even finish when on WBA or low suction backgrounds, but I disagree that it goes off faster than multi? couple of sets I did with boardy earlier this week still took 3 hours!

And tiles, Im sure you could plaster on them if prepped properly, however what the f**k is the point? just take em off and do it properly like the geezers said ^

I have plastered over tiles only the old butchers tiles that are solid to get off as they are bedded into sand and cement but we sbr slurry coated it and bonded and then skimmed turned out fine and that was in a shop and its still there now and that was about 10 years ago.

thistle bond it.
wickes do a bonding agent that i've used on a concrete ceiling.
i read somewhere that if you mix a handful of sand with neat pva that that should work, the bonding agent from wix felt like this

I'm going for it. Reason being the customer has tiled on top of tiles and he's not for removing them! He's painted over them with ronseal tile paint so i reckon the WBA will get a better grip. So, in short, he wants it done and i want his money, so i'll be doing it!!!! wish me luck! ;D

just make sure you let the wba dry proper.

remember going on too soon and it peeling after waiting 4 hours or so. it was alright in the end though but wasn't worth the stress.

if the tiles are done the old way and won't come off,almost neat pva with sand and cement all over the fcuker,tight coat of bonding and skim.

Status
Not open for further replies.