plastering on me own

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil68

Hi
i have been plastering for a while and am going to plaster a ceiling 12m x 4m do you recommend it being done in one go, as i am on me own it may be difficult. Or can i do it in 2 or more sections and can it be done in 2 or more section over different days.

best wishes

phil

Now then mate . You have a couple of choices ,,,
One .... You can get it a ll in one if you are as good as me,, LOL
YOU JUST MIX YOUR FIRST GUAGE UP , PUT ON TABLE THEN MIX ANOTHER UP STRAIGHTAWAY BUT A LITTLE WETTER THAN FIRST BUCKET THEN BY THE TIME YOU HAVE USED 2 BUCKETS UP YOU WILL LET THE CEILING TAC UP A BIT THEN YOU WOULD MIX ABOUT A GOOD HALF A BUCKET UP JUST FOR YOUR LAY DOWN COAT

second theory is
IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT IN SECTIONS REMEMBER THAT WHEREVER YOU END THE LINE THAT YOU DONT LEAVE IT ALL MESSY COS THAT WILL UPSET THE JOINT YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE INVISABLE
IF YOU ARE JOINING A COUPLE OF SECTIONS REMEMBER TO ALWAYS USE PLENTY OF WATER WEN FEATHERING INTO ONE ANOTHER
IF YOU GET STUCK GIVE ME A LINE AND I WILL GIVE YOU A PRICE ...LOL
GOOD LUCK

Thanks very much
i will have to do it n 2 sections as i just aint experienced enough.
thanks again for your help

best wishes

phil

where abouts is th job? you could always ask on here for a hand as you will learn a lot from working with other spreads.

I worked with DPBeds we both learnt a lot...lol dont offer to stay late and not to get youyr labourer to knock up on a gravel drive...lol

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.