plastering Machine, worthy investment??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you get more meters with the knauf board finish?? av never used it

You get more coverage per bag (bout15-18m2) and just seems to hang more than multi which enables you to get more on , its more forgiving than multi and stays workable for longer. Wasn't sure at first as setting times are completly different from multi but now weve got the hang of it its great stuff.

me and me mate usually do about 180m2 a day could i get more on then with mp mate

if you can do that with multi or board then maybe

depends how many sets you doing with multi? 3 hits?

i think you have reached the maximum that can be done by hand. With a longer life you will still have as many work hours to apply and finish so i would say would be 2 hits

But could you maybe put 50m2 on by your self in each hit????

ps you must be a machine to do that sort of meterage

Last edited:
not using MP mate were using universal board fininsh. if your chucking on 180m2 of multi in a two man gang id say youd defo get more on with knauf uni board finish. were workin as a three done 740m2 in 4 days, first day got bout 120 on then progressivly more each day after as we got used to the stuff, most weve done in a day is around 240m2

not using MP mate were using universal board fininsh. if your chucking on 180m2 of multi in a two man gang id say youd defo get more on with knauf uni board finish. were workin as a three done 740m2 in 4 days, first day got bout 120 on then progressivly more each day after as we got used to the stuff, most weve done in a day is around 240m2

what sort of job? houses? flats? aircraft hangers?

its getting the contractor to buy it though i hate multi prefer board

not sure of the price but if its roughly the same as what the contractor is getting you now he wouldn't need to buy as much as a bag covers more....spose its all down to the jobs spec. were getting asked to use Knauf a lot more than BG at the moment.

see if i asked the contracts manager to get it i reckon he would tell me to fcuk off

looks like you'l have to stick to what you've got then mate but if you get the chance give it a go im gonna use it on all my jobs from now on as long as spec allows.

i used knauf stuff when it first came to england i like it and done a bit of mp75 but its getting contractors to change their mind knauf dont push it enough

id heard some horror stories about knauf finnish about how s***t it was, and even reps admitting it wasn't as good as BG but apparently its been improved. Never used the original stuff but cant fault the improved version. Most people dont like change and BG has always been the favourite, so some contractors will be stuck in there ways.

i used knauf stuff when it first came to england i like it and done a bit of mp75 but its getting contractors to change their mind knauf dont push it enough

why don't you blag a pallet ? Ask the rep to visit your site when the CM is around. give em a bit of shpeeel about wanting to try something else. Im sure they would send you some if they had a chance of further big orders.

The only problem if they do get it there exclusively is the CM may struggle to find people who can use it. lots of spreads will balls it up and blame the gear. Like MP75

Hello Plastamasta ,yes a machine is a good tool to have and thats what it is .Only you know if its right for you and the work you do .

it works out the same if not cheaper per meter and takes up about 2/3 of the space and doesnt go out of date like multi. it takes longer to set the older it is. and is white so should help out for decoration. makes sense really

what do u use the ritmo for?
Mono and base coat on little jobs where 240v supply is easier, however the G4 will belt the mono on in half the time at the right consistency, in fact I'm thinking of selling my ritmo M because I would like to buy a new ZP3.

You can only spray what you can finish. No point in spraying 300m2 if you can't

exactly like with the trowel there is no fixed answer it is still up the man at the end of the day
A machine will run all day long pumping and pumping but you cant trowel it all up

Mono and base coat on little jobs where 240v supply is easier, however the G4 will belt the mono on in half the time at the right consistency, in fact I'm thinking of selling my ritmo M because I would like to buy a new ZP3.

is it that xxxl thing. ?/

Have you had any problems with the knauf shelling of the wall when the skirting boards are fitted? We used to use in on barrets years ago was nice to use and yes get more on but as soon as any one did anything on the wall it just fell off!!

How much would the bits cost to set it up for skimming? Would the 7.5kva genny still be suitable?

think its about a grand for the skimming stuff mate and yes the genny will run fine but we have been using ours of site power

Don't make sense, if you can bang on 200m a day ( im guessing skimming) , you are super fast and fit. Then how come you struggle to put mono up the wall by hand??

It is obvious you are young and fit. This doesn't last for long in this game I'm afraid. I am in my 50's and whether I like it or not just not as fast as I used to be. I had 6 years off in the 90's with tyonsynavitus (don't know how to spell it) which is a wrist problem and associated with RSI and that put an end to my plastering days. Pelvis joints have fused so it's straight back bend knees or more than often kneel down. Now I have tennis Elbow.

I never thought I would actually reach 50 and still be on the tools and although I am it is only because I do the slow, awkward and hard technical bits of the job while my other 2 lads do the graft and metre-age. Without them I am snookered. I am hoping to reach 60 (5 years) but we will have to wait and see.

My advice is slow down a bit, and if a machine can take the physical graft out of it then go for it. Think about it, there is only the wet trades which is still hard physical graft, tearing your joints and muscles apart. Other trades like joiners have become mechanised. Look after yourself or finish up on the scrap heap only worth minimum wage if you are not on disability.

It is obvious you are young and fit. This doesn't last for long in this game I'm afraid. I am in my 50's and whether I like it or not just not as fast as I used to be. I had 6 years off in the 90's with tyonsynavitus (don't know how to spell it) which is a wrist problem and associated with RSI and that put an end to my plastering days. Pelvis joints have fused so it's straight back bend knees or more than often kneel down. Now I have tennis Elbow.

I never thought I would actually reach 50 and still be on the tools and although I am it is only because I do the slow, awkward and hard technical bits of the job while my other 2 lads do the graft and metre-age. Without them I am snookered. I am hoping to reach 60 (5 years) but we will have to wait and see.

My advice is slow down a bit, and if a machine can take the physical graft out of it then go for it. Think about it, there is only the wet trades which is still hard physical graft, tearing your joints and muscles apart. Other trades like joiners have become mechanised. Look after yourself or finish up on the scrap heap only worth minimum wage if you are not on disability.
Weber!

Status
Not open for further replies.