Plastering Lecturer

Members online

Dalem308

Hello all,

I hope you are all well and keep the spread going! I am new to the forum and was wondering if many people would be willing to give a hand. I have not long started a new job working as a plastering lecturer at a main stream college. I'm really excited about my new role and feel I have a lot to show the learners. I don't know everything, but I'm very current within the industry which I feel will help my young apprentices massively.

I am delivering on diploma and NVQ to level 2 learners. What I was wondering is if anybody would be willing to share teaching resources, SOW, Lesson plans etc etc with myself, or point me in the right direction to even pay for some. I am getting to grips with things very early and finding the time to actually make resources is quiet difficult.

Not been the easiest to pick up the courage to even ask for help on here, but thought sod if I don't ask you don't get!

Thanks very much for reading this and if you do help me thanks very much!

All the best guys

Thank you!

Hello all,

I hope you are all well and keep the spread going! I am new to the forum and was wondering if many people would be willing to give a hand. I have not long started a new job working as a plastering lecturer at a main stream college. I'm really excited about my new role and feel I have a lot to show the learners. I don't know everything, but I'm very current within the industry which I feel will help my young apprentices massively.

I am delivering on diploma and NVQ to level 2 learners. What I was wondering is if anybody would be willing to share teaching resources, SOW, Lesson plans etc etc with myself, or point me in the right direction to even pay for some. I am getting to grips with things very early and finding the time to actually make resources is quiet difficult.

Not been the easiest to pick up the courage to even ask for help on here, but thought sod if I don't ask you don't get!

All the best guys

Thank you!
If theres any young boneheads there want to come to Manchester send us a few we cant find no one . Lol

If your college is anything like our local college you’ll struggle . They staff turnover is unreal . My lad had 3 tutors leave over two years and no tutor for the last 4 months . And only one was a plasterer. They college was massively under funded . My lad was the only student doing an apprenticeship all other kids got sent there by school

I thought everyone trained at the
" school of you tube " nowadays

I am in touch with a couple of colleges with regards to showing a new way of fitting beads, pm me if you are interested in some free samples.

Hello all,

All the best guys

Thank you!
@puddove

3 years hard labour on trowel, no 2 week intensive courses and you tube homework. You'll be fine . (y)

And a definite no show monday lol
Still be doing their lines
giphy (21).gif

• Funny
Reactions: Djr
Hello all,

All the best guys

Thank you!
Welcome and good luck with it! Don’t let the lads use the girls toilet to have a dump!! That’s my advice! Used to drive me mad when I was at college. I’d wait for them outside and lose my s**t at them! Lol! Was this close to starting to demand hall passes!

I’m sure I was very popular :inocente: :ROFLMAO:

Welcome and good luck with it! Don’t let the lads use the girls toilet to have a dump!! That’s my advice! Used to drive me mad when I was at college. I’d wait for them outside and lose my s**t at them! Lol! Was this close to starting to demand hall passes!

Every bloke should get a hall pass

Hello all,

All the best guys

Thank you!

Welcome along /:D

Teaching at a college is a tough job... Budgets will be your enemy :-( Good luck

@puddove ove may be able to help as he is also a lecturer :D and also @The Apprentice use to teach also...

I dont envy you :D

I remember ages ago if you can remember
I met a young lad while taking kids to the park
he had 2 young nippers
was at blackpool college plastering
we got talking about work.

I said I was gonna try get hold of him at the college.

anyway
seen him the other week..
a year or 2 later after we met in the park in the town centre ....

living with his mate fuucked up on drugs.
took the wrong path I suppose :(

should of gave him the chance at the time :(

nice fella aswell.

I remember ages ago if you can remember
I met a young lad while taking kids to the park
he had 2 young nippers
was at blackpool college plastering
we got talking about work.

I said I was gonna try get hold of him at the college.

anyway
seen him the other week..
a year or 2 later after we met in the park in the town centre ....

living with his mate fuucked up on drugs.
took the wrong path I suppose :(

should of gave him the chance at the time :(

nice fella aswell.
That's a f**k**g shame.

Wh

When you’ve got to go.....

Hello all,

All the best guys

Thank you!
@puddove

If your college is anything like our local college you’ll struggle . They staff turnover is unreal . My lad had 3 tutors leave over two years and no tutor for the last 4 months . And only one was a plasterer. They college was massively under funded . My lad was the only student doing an apprenticeship all other kids got sent there by school
Exactly the same as the college my apprentice goes to. It’s a joke!

Hello all,

All the best guys

Thank you!

hi Dalem private message me - I might be able to help out with resources